• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Time for some Cool-Aid.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
By the way, why would a conservative be happy about a corrupt Democrat being pardoned? How does that make sense?
There's literally zero to gain from pardoning a disgraced, Democrat ex-governor from a state Trump has almost zero chance of winning.
Idk, maybe Trump figured he'd served enough time for what he did.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Integrity and credibility? Dude, your Prime Minister is a mental midget who used to wear black face. My states economy is about the size of your whole country’s. You don’t know you’re talking about. Economies ebb and flow naturally. This is especially true when we adhere to Keynesian economics, which Trump adheres to, just like every president since FDR except for Reagan has. You guys even more so than we do. Which is why your economy won’t grow. But it would be logically fallacious to say “I guess Canadians don’t like economic growth, herp derp”.
Our mental midget leader only really threatens the economic and political stability of the country, your mental midget leader threatens the economic and political stability of the world. I wish people on both sides of the boarder would stop electing idiots. It's very disheartening.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Our mental midget leader only really threatens the economic and political stability of the country, your mental midget leader threatens the economic and political stability of the world. I wish people on both sides of the boarder would stop electing idiots. It's very disheartening.
Horseshit. He didn’t threaten anything. Most of Europe was collapsing long before Trump took office. Your understanding of economics is for shit.

Impaired

Registered Member
There's literally zero to gain from pardoning a disgraced, Democrat ex-governor from a state Trump has almost zero chance of winning.
Idk, maybe Trump figured he'd served enough time for what he did.
What are you saying? Out of all the criminals, this was the most deserving of clemency?

Again, disgraced Democratic, Chicago politician who tried to sell a senate seat, among other crimes. What makes him deserving? I just don't see it,.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
What are you saying? Out of all the criminals, this was the most deserving of clemency?

Again, disgraced Democratic, Chicago politician who tried to sell a senate seat, among other crimes. What makes him deserving? I just don't see it,.
Wow it seems like 100 years ago that Blago was pardoned doesn't it? Crazy how much history we live through daily.
Yeah I'm saying maybe 8 years was enough jail time. Know why Blago was pardoned? Because his wife got on fox and talked about how great Trump is. She figured out what until this week no other Democrat has figured out. if you stroke Trump's ego you get anything you want. Gavin Newsome and Andrew Coumo figured this out. Dictators figured this out.
Thank God Pelosi and Schumer are too dumb to figure this out.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Why don't we just save American taxpayers a crap tonne of money and say that the law doesn't apply to politicians unless the sitting president says so. Much easier and more economical to only go after those that either aren't already immune to prosecution, or will ultimately just be pardoned or some other such nonsense.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Based on his past, the only way Blago could hurt someone would be to get elected to some powerful seat and then try to sell an open position in government to some other crook instead of giving it to someone that may be worthy.

I'll take my chances.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The manufactured anger over Blago being pardoned is sad and pathetic. It’s also hilarious.