• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

time for national divorce?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I never listen to Rush Limbaugh but I read last week he said this:

“There cannot be a peaceful coexistence of two completely different theories of life, theories of government, theories of how we manage our affairs. We can’t be in this dire a conflict without something giving somewhere along the way. So I know that there is a sizable and growing sentiment for people who believe that that is where we’re headed whether we want to go there or not.”

A lot of us are feeling that. It doesn't need to be violent but it seems like we're 2 nations and I wonder if making that official wouldn't be a horrible idea.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It would be a betrayal of everything the United States stands for. You are EXPECTED to meet and mingle with people of all different creeds, ethnic backgrounds, religions, etc.

If baby Limby is so scared of other peoples' opinions, then he can go find an island and live there. The American Right has been insufferable the last month or so, acting just like the Liberal left was during the last election. The sky is falling! Everyone flee! Doom! Doom! DOOOOOOOM!"

Fucking grow up. Rush isn't alone, I'm not only picking on him, a lot pundits are very happy to drive wedges between their audience and the "others". It's getting sad that so many people are losing the ability to see how they're being tossed around like pawns.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The problem is, we’re living with people that want to give reparations to people, control more and more of our economy, continue to grow an already huge federal government. We accept a media and tech companies colluding to influence an election. We impeached a president, for nothing. We ruined the life of a war hero over nonsense. There are people that want to fundamentally change this country. It’s much bigger than just a difference of opinion. I think we are getting closer and closer to needing to divorce.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
People on the internet are not representative of this country as a whole. Just because armies of blue checkmarks parrot an opinion, doesn't mean it will even be feasible let alone happen.

Let's also not pretend here, republicans and democrats play the same games of influence. The DNC isn't the first political party nor the last to do what they can to win an election, including media sway. Republicans have it, too. The republicans are crying about the same nonsensical bullshit the democrats were during the last election and both groups have just about the same amount of evidence.

People that are big enough pussies to cry for a "national divorce" such as Ol' Rush-me-to-Wendy's Limbaugh are the same inbred retards that mocked and called the left wing crybullies who threatened to leave America 'unpatriotic' if Trump was elected (Which they of course totally did. But Canada, not Mexico. Don't ask why). Cute how now that the republicans didn't get their way, some of them see the need to 'leave'.

Republicans are being sore losers and like the democrats, are more worried about saving their own party's face than actually helping their voters or their country. A 'divorce' will do nothing but divide the country further and I'm not talking as a whole. How many times have you heard some smoothbrain say "RINO" or "DINO"? Soon we'd have four, then six, then thirty, then who knows how many 'divorcees'.

People need to stop being such ignorant, self-important, self-righteous, insufferable ballbags and realize that they aren't going to win all the time. Sometimes you lose and you have to make do. You're still an American, you're still expected to stand up for your fellow Americans regardless of their differences or twitter bio.

I hate this fucking country.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree. I said for years “I don’t agree with Obama, but he’s my CIC. If we go to war, I’ll follow his orders. NOT ONCE did I EVER say “he’s not my president”.

I know you’re saying both parties are equal here and say and do the same shit, but I disagree. The hatred exhibited towards Trump was gross and disgusting. Yeah, I know. Obama got hate too. From the fringe. The hatred towards Trump was mainstream. The Dems have ZERO interest in unity. They want compliance. I’m done with unity. I don’t wany it anymore. I believe in this country and what it stands for. The left does not. So I’m more than happy to divorce them.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I live in a red state. I've heard the terms civil war and succession more in the last 2 years than I've ever heard.
I was talking to my mom before the election and she said it. she's 85. She's never listened to Rush in her life. This talk didn't start with Rush last week. He just articulated what a lot of people are thinking.
We see cities burn down and be taken over while the police watch and say - I don't understand those people, maybe we're just different nations.
I also see a huge rise in militia groups. 3%, American Infidels and The Crooks are everywhere. They aren't interested in a peaceful divorce. A lot of our people don't realize that we are on a powder keg and it's been that way for longer than this election.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This really had nothing to do with Rush. I just quoted him because he said it well. What's tearing up the country more than anything is the immediate dismissal of news that doesn't come from "our" small circle.
I'm not a Tucker cheerleader either but he had Hunter Biden's business partner on for a whole show . Most of the country refused to even listen and every other news source refused to follow up because it would make Biden look bad. That's completely irresponsible and is going to cause a lot of pain and harm. That was true of this whole election.
Hardly a new problem. I don't know but maybe a real debate about whether or not going into Iraq would have saved a lot of American lives and money.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I mean does anyone even know that one of the leaders in the impeachment was literally having sex with a Chinese spy? How about a US Senator that pushed impeachment had a Chinese spy in her house for 15 years? How about the leader of the House making 10s of millions from China through her family?
Answer: "Durrrhh that's false because Trump, fox news..Durrrhh."

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I say, along with a lot of others, if you want a country ran by a bunch of damn communist you can have it. We'll take Texas to Florida, you and your communist leaders can have the rest.
If the president elect taking a check(one of many) for $10 million dollars from China doesn't wake people up then you're too f'n stupid to live with.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Agreed. I wasn’t a big fan of Trump, but Biden is a corrupt pos, of the most corrupt politicians that has ever lived. This isn’t about a difference of opinion, it’s about treason. It’s about people wanting to fundamentally change this country, not just bring in better, fresher ideas. I don’t want to change America. I love this country. I love what it stands for. I don’t want what so many people seem to want nowadays.

I’ve been saying we are headed towards civil war for at least 15-20 years now. It’s coming to a head. And soon.