Timberwolves shopping pick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are looking to win now and may trade their 6th pick for a veteran who can help the team now.

Kevin McHale seems committed to keeping their superstar Kevin Garnett happy

The Timberwolves, desperate to win now and with Kevin Garnett about to enter his 12th season, are trying to trade their No. 6 overall pick in next month's NBA draft for a veteran player. But because the draft has no high-impact players, the Wolves are having trouble finding a team that wants to deal.

Courtesy of St. Paul Pioneer Press.

S

scottmcgrady

That's good news for them because they need a veteran who can bring them what they need. They need someone who can score still yet is a solid guard because i think they need a point guard because down low they have Kevin Garnett and at shooting guard they have Ricky Davis. I think someone like Lindsey Hunter who can hit big shots yet passes and looks for teammates. A perfect point guard for them is Sam Cassel yet he won't come back to Minnesota now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that Speedy Claxson would do a better job then Lindsey Hunter, both are very good back up point guards, but Speedy would be a better started then Lindsey, and with Chris Paul there, there's no chance Speedy will start, and I don't think it bothers Hunter coming of the bench when he's playing for a championship contender every year.

Also yes they need a point guard I agree, but they also need a scorer that can play defense as well to help KG.

S

scottmcgrady

Speedy Claxson would be a very good choice because he wont get a lot of time if Chris Paul keeps playing like he is. I think that someone like Lindsey Hunter would be good and i don't think he will leave the team as you said. Minnesota just need to get up there as a dangerous team and i think they can do that with Kevin Garnett and Ricky Davis also with a good play maker.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah because both those players can score, but they need someone to dish the ball and I don't think that Troy Hudson is person, he's more of a shoot first kinda of point guard, and you can't have that with a team like the Wolves. They already have enough scorers . But I think that Marcus Banks can do the job, he only joined the team in the middle of the season with a full trainning camp he should help the team, and if he gets a chance to play he can be a very good point guard.

M

Midnight

Im prepared to get shot down with this post...

Anyway thats a good decision by the T'Wolves to shop their draft pick. I really think they should pursue Mike James during the free agency period but it's unlikely he'll go to Minnesota.

If they want to trade a pick I would suggest going for Rafer Alston, or a swingman. If yall remember Eddie Gill, he gave the Timberwolves another option. Rafer Alston has some great court vision and is very unselfish. I could see him fitting in the Minnesota system. The only thing I could criticize him on is his shot selection, but that can be fixed.

P

preludepunk27

I'll give up Antoine Wright/our LLE and a 1st...of course Minny would laugh at that though.

Nets don't need a 6th pick but it'd be nice to have.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rafer would be a good addition I agree but I don't think they would trade Rafer for the sixth pick straight up, some people would need to be added to the package. I agree with you on is shot selection because when he played for Toronto, sometimes you were just shaking your head asking why he shot that.

Prelude why are you giving up on Wright so fast I think he'll be a good shooting guard in this league, it's just there's so many stars at the guard position on that team, that he wouldn't have anytime to play.

P

preludepunk27

Not giving up on wright...we just have nobody to offer lol. I like the guy, I just know NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTS ANYONE FROM OUR BENCH lol

X

Xero.Shab

I hope he goes to the wizards. There willing to trade anything, and they are trying to pursue them.