• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Timbaland to quit Hip-Hop

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We knew something was up when Timbaland was praising Miley Cyrus for her singing talents.

In a recent interview, Timbaland reveals that he's done with music. Rap music that is.

That also explains why on his third solo album, Shock Value II, he added more pop-sounding music with artists like Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, and Miley recording for the album. According to the former rapper:

"I was done with hip-hop a long time ago. Once my generation left, I left. I do it, but there's nobody from my generation besides Jay who's doing it. I look at Lil Wayneas being from my generation. Some people are still acceptable. Kanye is acceptable from my generation.

After my last album, I know where my bread and butter is at. I know 75 percent [of the people who buy my album] are women who love Timbaland and most are the women who watch 'Desperate Housewives' and all those others.

I did this research. It's the women who watch 'Sex and the City,' 'Desperate Housewives' — all the real go-to-the-bar women like Timbaland, and mostly European women.

It lets me know that my fanbase is mostly women and they are from all cultures. So it's not a person who loves mostly hip-hop. It's a person who loves everything besides hip-hop."

So, just to get this clear, the women that buy your albums are women who don't love hip-hop? We think you should get your money back on that "research."

And despite poor album says on his last album, Timbaland says he isn't letting that get him down.

Instead, he adds "If this album does as semi-well as the last one, I'm done. I'm not going through the stress no more. I will do it for my fans and give it away for free."

Giving away your next album for free might be the way to go if you don't start working on better songs.

Read More: Perez Hilton: Timbaland To Quit Hip Hop Perez Hilton: Timbaland To Quit Hip Hop
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

personally i like Timbaland. he's got sweet sounds. not that i'm into hip-hop but he's somewhat different.
i'm curious what kind of music he'll go into...

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Ah, I have to agree with him. All the new rappers are Tupac and Biggie Smalls wannabes. He is a great rapper and I absolutely adore him but my views towards his music will not change on the genre he chooses. He'll probably end up doing pop music.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Good thing he's getting out of it now....Hip hop now a days is embarrasing and a complete let down to what it once was back when it had a lot more meaning to it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Who is Timbaland? Ha.

I could care less, I can't stand any of his music to begin with.

"They only say hip-hop is dead because the dope shit is underground" -- Joe Budden.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
With the exception of the older and better artists like Jay-Z still around, hip-hop and rap aren't much good anyway. At least outside of good party tunes.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ah, I have to agree with him. All the new rappers are Tupac and Biggie Smalls wannabes. He is a great rapper and I absolutely adore him but my views towards his music will not change on the genre he chooses. He'll probably end up doing pop music.
No. He has never been a good rapper, only a good producer.

If you think all the new rappers are "Tupac & Biggie wannabes", then you're listening to the wrong stuff.

Go deeper than what you hear on the radio and you'll prove yourself wrong. And if you don't, avoid this genre at all costs. Ha.

"Party tunes" blow.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Give me a few examples. If we are thinking of the same stuff, then by that... I mean they suck and I find them to be very low quality.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i agree...today's hip-hop-ers have a low quality music. seems like everyone can be a hip-hop-er ...
most of them don't make sense anymore.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Like who? Throw some examples out. I'll steer you in the right direction.

Times like these, I really miss Jeru. Haha.