Tim Hudson to have Tommy John surgery

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Rotoworld.com with the information

What a lost season its been for the Braves. Hudson, Smoltz and Glavine all on the DL. Not to mention Chipper Jones, McCann now hurting and trading away Teixeira.

Good luck to Hudson on his recovery. Not sure we'll even see him next year...I'd be surprised if we do.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a huge blow for the Braves, I know there not in the playoffs race, but since he's having Tommy John we probably won't see him next year, because it usually takes one year to heal up correctly. So it's going to hurt them next season because they wont have there ace in the starting rotation.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

It is a huge blow for sure. Who knows how Smoltz is gonna do next year and Glavine is 40+. Jurrjens and Campillo have done a good job but they arent aces.

Unless the Braves sign someone in the offseason I dont like their chances again next year.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Man, this is rough. The Braves are my 2nd favorite team, and all these injuries are getting ridiculous.

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Jones can't stay healthy, they traded Teixeira and their ace is having season ending surgery and probably won't even be back next year. It's a rough time for the Braves and their fans right now.