• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tiki Barber to come out of retirement

BigBob

Registered Member
I thought this deserved it's own thread. He went out on top, but he went out one year too early. I thought it was too early for him to retire, but some people really do want to leave at the top of their game (which would've been best for Favre :shake:).

Thoughts on him coming out? It's been 4-years since he played. Do you guys think he could be in playing shape? What team would be willing to take a chance on a 36-year old running back?

Former New York Giant's running back Tiki Barber has filed papers to come out of retirement and try to revive his NFL career, his agent Mark Lepselter confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

Barber, who turns 36 in April, hasn't played since the 2006 season with the Giants, where he spent his entire 10-year career. Most recently he has been a correspondent for "The Today Show" and "Sunday Night Football" on NBC.

Barber's twin brother Ronde plays defensive back for the Buccaneers. Ronde Barber signed a one-year deal last month to return for a 15th season with Tampa Bay.
"After seeing my brother still have fun at our age, it reignited the fire," Tiki Barber said, according to FOXSports.com. "I'm really looking forward to the challenge of seeing if I can get back to the level of where I was. I started working out again recently. It kind of shocked myself. I still had a lot of the strength I had before. I'm really looking forward to making a return."
Barber went out on top, rushing for 1,662 yards and five touchdowns in 2006. He ran for 10,449 yards with a 4.7 yards per carry average in his career.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just stay retired Tiki, you had your time, you went out on your own terms. I'm not saying he can't still get the job done, but he hasn't played in a while.

It makes no sense that he wants to come back and play. It looked like he was enjoying himself being retired and having a new profession. He shouldn't come back in my opinion.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I like the guy, I think he should at least get the opportunity to go out there and try again if he wants to. Athletes do this all the time; if he still can make an impact, he should be allowed to try to do so. If he can't, he just won't make it.

It's not really our call, I say let the guy decide for himself. It's not like he's done the Favre thing for years of teasing us...he tried retirement, did seem to enjoy his job, but still has the thirst to play. Who are we to say he can't try?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I cannot stand Barber. I don't want to see him play again. I love that the Giants won a SB without him.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He should have just stayed away when he walked out on his team. I thought his retirement was really selfish. At least he won't be more then a backup. I doubt he could stay healthy enough to play for a full season.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I read this a couple days ago, and was like, "What the HELL?"

Stay retired Tiki. PLEASE. Just be considerate to the young RBs trying to break into the league.