Tigers sign Freddy Garcia to minor league deal

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tigers signed RHP Freddy Garcia to a minor league contract.

The deal covers only the remainder of this season, meaning that Garcia will once again be a free agent this winter. He hasn't pitched since last June following shoulder surgery and reportedly wasn't especially impressive while working out for a dozen teams earlier this month, but the Tigers could certainly use the pitching help as much as any contending team. He'll report to Single-A for what figures to be at least a couple minor league starts before potentially joining the Detroit staff and will need to be in the majors by August 31 to be playoff eligible. Don't expect any fantasy value this season.
rotoworld.com

Um yeah I guess he's worth a shot but I dont really get it. I dont think the Tigers can make a playoff push anyways.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good pick up for the Tigers in my opinion. He's been a great pitcher in the past and if he can find his stuff back then he could defenitely help the Tigers.

I don't think the Tigers are going to make the playoffs either, but this could be just to see if he can still be a dominant pitcher in this league. So in other words, it might be a tryout for next season.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good pick up for the Tigers in my opinion. He's been a great pitcher in the past and if he can find his stuff back then he could defenitely help the Tigers.

I don't think the Tigers are going to make the playoffs either, but this could be just to see if he can still be a dominant pitcher in this league. So in other words, it might be a tryout for next season.
yeah agreed. I guess if they like what they see they can ink him for next year and if he sucks you dont lose anything at all.

Definitely worth a shot.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Garcia was a very good pitcher in Chicago and fell off when he went to Philly.

I see this as a good pickup for the Tigers. Because if he can be that pitcher he was in Chicago then they just added a solid #2 pitcher to their rotation. And if it doesn't pan out no biggie.