Tigers/Red Sox semi-brawl

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Did anyone see the semi-brawl between the Tigers and Red Sox last night. I'm surprised that Youk went after Porcello even though it seemed to be on purpose. Youk gave Porcello a good spear but Porcello just flip him over with ease. Edwin Jackson was furious and was ready to go. I like it personally when there's a few brawls like these every year. Both Youk and Porcello will get a lengthy suspension for this tough.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

"Flipped him over"? Did we watch the same game? You make it sound like Youk was karate-tossed or something. Porcello ran from Youk first and Youk's momentum took them both down since Youk tried to tackle him but Porcello held on.

It's not surprising that Youk started this, he's a major hot-head. He's got a temper he needs to learn to control so really, it was no surprising in the slightest.

I don't see a lengthy suspension at all to be honest. 5 games, maybe 8 tops but that's a stretch.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think Youk gets 5 no matter what and might get more for throwing his helmet at Porcello. But nothing more then 8 games I wouldnt think.

Porcello made it look like an accident but it was kind of suspicious given what happened to Miggy Cabrera in the 2nd inning. I mean, Porcello ran so that made it look even less likely like he did it on purpose. And Youk should have thrown a punch because he ended up appearing to have lost the fight since Porcello hip tossed him over.
    ------
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=law_keith

Some more stuff from Keith Law about the brawl yesterday.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  4. Merc

I love how Law's logic is "Porcello wanted to win, why would he intentionally hit Youk" and "Youk is an animal who probably was looking for a reason to beat someone".

What a tool.

5. Millz

Keith Law is a clueless dipship...no doubt about it...but I thought it was an interesting read this go round.

The more and more I think about it the more I think Youkilis should get more then 5 games for throwing a weapon at a guy who was running away from him. Maybe it was on purpose but it seemed obvious Porcello had no interest in a fight last night. Who knows. Brad Thompson got suspended (he's appealing) three games for missing David Wright with a fastball that got away...so there's no telling what will come off this.

The Porcello hip toss reminds me of Pedro and Zimmer but not as hilarious.

6. Merc

Throwing a weapon?

So does that mean the next time a kid is riding his bike, a cop can pull him over for possessing illegal weaponry? :lol:

7. Millz

LoL, well in THIS instance you could maybe make a case for it...maybe weapon is the wrong choice of words.

Although i guess you could look at it this way. Porcello threw something at Youk so he was just returning the favor.

Man I suck...I just killed my own argument.

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well both players were suspended for five games. Which isn't very surprising. But out of the two I think Porcello gets the easiest punishment since he's only missing on start. I agree with you Twitch, I don't believe it was momentum at all.

10. Merc

I'm sure if that was Halladay charging the mound, you'd say momentum, too.

:lol:

Babe_Ruth likes this.