• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tigers Acquire Edgar Renteria

Vegito728

Registered Member
For RHP Jair Jurrjens and OF Gorkys Hernandez, two of the Tigers Top 5 prospects.

I'm guesing Guillen will move to 1B.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow this is a great pick up for the Tigers, Renteria is a great player, and he's going to help the Tigers offensively and defensively. The Tigers gave up a lot to get him, two big prospects, but Renteria already proved himself, who knows if these two players will make an impact in the Majors.

Rise Up! (Witness™)

Registered Member
Wow this is a great pick up for the Tigers, Renteria is a great player, and he's going to help the Tigers offensively and defensively.
I don't know why Atlanta got rid of him! They got two players that haven't proved themselfes yet in the MLB, and Edgar proved he can mash and he has a great glove also, and he does it consistently. We do have a great athlete in the rising in Escobar, once he developes a little bit more he will do a great job of taking the place of Edgar.

The_Show_Stopper

Registered Member
The biggest reason the Braves did it is because they really need starting pitchers and Jurrjens isn't a bad pitcher. He's young and he will develop into a good pitcher.

Also, Guillen was already going to move to 1B. That was decided before this past season ended, which is why they didn't pursue Sean Casey. Moving Guillen over should preserve a year or two of his career.