Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Major, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Do you think Tiger is past his prime? Will he break Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major championships? He currently has 14. He hasn't won a major in over two years now.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Tiger Woods is only 34 years old and will be 35 at the end of the year. So he has a lot of Golf left in him. I personally believe that he'll eventually beat it. I know he hasn't played well since he came back, but I believe it's going to take him a full year to find his game back.

In other words, I think he'll be back to his old self by the time of the 2011 Masters. I think he needs to find a new coach as well, he can't do this all by himself.

3. Juan_Pablo

Juan_Pablo Registered Member

Wow some people play golf until their 50's or 60's. It's almost cetain Tiger will not only beak but SHATTER the record of 18 majors.

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree with Babe. I think he is just going through a slump. He excelled in his career very early on and I don't think the record of 18 championships will be hard for him to beat in his coming years.

He will still get there, I have no doubt. I hope he will be back in the game by 2011 as Babe says, but it might be a bit later, but it will happen, imo!

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Tiger Woods is still in his prime, he's just hit a rough spot. Hes had a lot going on and anyone's performance would suffer. However, I believe if he keeps his training up he can easily put himself back into the spot he was before. And their is no doubt he will shatter Nicklaus' record. Hell, if it weren't for Tiger's previous absences (like his knee troubles last year), he wouldn't be in the same position either. Tiger still has alot going for him, don't count him out. I've had golf instructors who were seventy years old and beating guys not much younger than Tiger Woods (of course neither were pros), and then their are guys like Arnold Palmer still playing the game and still enjoying it. Sure they aren't winning as much but they still do good.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I agree with you guys that he'll probably break the record. It's well within reach and he probably has another good ten years or more to try to win them. Jack Nicklaus won his last major at 46, and Tiger is only 34. Sure, he's in a two year slump in the majors, but he also didn't win any majors in '03 or '04, and then won six of them in four years after that. I don't think we'll ever see Tiger at his best again though.

7. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I personally believe that he will beat the record but he ain't gonna beat it by much, personally he'll probably get to 20 and probably that's about it. If he get's anymore than that I will be surprised.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

He still as the passion to play, so I give him at least another fifteen years or so. By the time his career ends, he'll most likely just play in Majors. I personally believe he can win more than six majors in fifteen years with his ability and skill of the game of golf.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I believe by the time he's done, if he can get over this year and put the past behind him, I personally believe he could end up floating around the 25-30 number of Championships.