Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash in Florida

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Tiger Woods Seriously Injured in Car Crash in Florida - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Golf great Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident in Florida early Friday morning, according to MyFoxOrlando.com.

Woods, 33, is in the hospital in very serious condition after a single-car crash at 2:25 a.m. in which he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

The crash is under investigation and charges are pending.

Woods pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community when he struck the hydrant, the Orlando Sentinel reported, citing the FHP.

He then plowed into the tree on his neighbor's property. He was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla.

Woods was apparently traveling under 33 mph because the Cadillac Escalade's airbags didn't inflate, the FHP told the Sentinel.
Hope he's okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You beat me to it, I really hope he's okay as well. But the rumors are(well people are talking) that he was under the influence of alcohol because it was so late it the night. Hopefully that wasn't the case at all.

Should be interesting what the follow up stories are.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
An official was quoted as saying the accident was not alcohol related.
The airbags in the car did not deploy during the crash, the reports said, which would suggest a low speed of impact.
Initial reports said he had been seriously injured, but his agent Mark Steinberg later told CNBC that Woods was "fine".
A local mayor said Woods had been treated for facial lacerations.
BBC Sport - Golf - Golf star Tiger Woods injured in car accident

I'd imagine from that. he's just had a nasty knocked and it's over hyped because of who he is and where it happened, but again [of course] I hope he's okay.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of stories will come out in the next few hours, some will be true and some will be full of bullshit.

I really hope he's fine as well and that alcohol wasn't involved because that's going to hurt his career big time.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I immediately thought alcohol related. Not because of the time of the crash but the fact it was a SINGLE car crash with nobody hitting him yet him hitting a tree and a fire hydrant.

Man, I hope he's okay though. Scary stuff.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
My friend told me that Tiger Woods was in an accident and I was like are you serious and he showed me the article. I hope that he is ok.

News reports said that Wood's wife heard the accident and ran to the scene and smashed his back window with a golf club to get him out of the car. Before the accident, it looks like Woods and his wife had an argument.

Last edited:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
From his own site:
From Health Central Hospital and Tiger's Woods' office:

Tiger Woods was in a minor car accident outside his home last night.

He was admitted, treated and released today in good condition.

We appreciate very much everyone's thoughts and well wishes.
TigerWoods.com: Statement on Tiger Woods

Looks like he's out of the woods. His P/R team will have handled it well.
No doubt there will be a few Policemen and hospital staff with a few extra Christmas dollar$ this year. :p

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well that's good to hear, but like I said we won't know the full story till the next few days. But I'm glad so far the story is positive and is not negative.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I was shocked when I first heard about it, but not it sounds like it was all blown out of proportion. Not sure how he hit a fire hydrant and a tree in his own driveway and was injured enough to be taken to a hospital if there was no drinking involved. Something just isn't adding up.