Tiger wins the U.S Open

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

After hitting a birdy in the 18th yesterday, Tiger and Rocco faced each other in a 18th hole playoffs today. After 18 holes nothing was settled, so they had to had a play another hole where Tiger Woods put the final nail in the coffin.

This is a great win for Tiger, especially that he's coming off a knee surgery. What a great weekend to watch Golf.

I have to praise Rocco, because he never backed down in the playoffs and almost pulled it off.

Matriqulated likes this.

2. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I watched Sundays holes and only saw highlights from today, but I don't even like golf that much. I'll play Tiger Woods once in a blue moon because I like games where you can customize characters, but there is no doubt he is 'that dude' when it comes to the game of golf. I remember hearing Vjay say years ago that the gap was closing on Tiger. The distance between Woods and the rest of the pack is still a pretty big gap if you ask me because he flat out owns that course. Injuries and everything, still going to protect home court. That's just what champions at their game do.

I mean I didn't watch today, so I'll take your word for it that Rocco stood stall, but on Sunday he did not. He had every opportunity to close out Woods and Westwood before he got to 18. Short game betrayed him and I think that was the pressure of Tiger just staying close. Woods at the very least forced the playoff on straight intimidation factor, and you better be on your best game if you are going to close out Tiger Woods in a playoff scenario. With the way Tiger showed he still had physical pains from the knee, I was impressed that he played well enough to take advantage of a mistake but not surprised at all.

3. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

I got so excited that Rocco might actually win, but no. He blew it big time.

4. Babe_Ruth

I wouldn't say he blew it, like many others I expected Tiger to blow out Rocco out of the water, but he held his own against the greatest player in the World. Rocco should be happy with his permormance.

Now Tiger is only four majors away from tying Jack Nicklaus for most Major wins.

I'm sure he'll surpass the record in a few years.

5. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

I guess if you look at it like Tiger is god, then yeah he didn't blow it.

6. Babe_Ruth

How the heck do you want to look at Tiger, he's the best Golfer in the World and arguably the best of all time. He's been dominating since he became a professional Golfer. I call him God of Golf that's for sure.

Matriqulated likes this.