Tiger will return to PGA Tour next week

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - Golf - Tiger will return to PGA Tour next week

Well it looks like I'll be starting to watch golf once again, I wont lie I haven't been watching it since Tiger Woods got injured. I just dont find it all that exciting when he's not playing. It will be nice to see him play again, and should be interesting to see how he plays.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Woods is to golf that Nadal/Federer is to tennis for me. If Tiger is there, I'll watch. If he's not, I probably won't. Unless it's a major I guess.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The match play tournament could be a tricky event for his return. I can't imagine he'll be at 100%.

I don't understand why people only watch golf because of Tiger. Either you enjoy watching the sport or you don't. It's like saying "Damn, Kobe is injured. I can't watch basketball anymore."

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's the thing about golf for me...

I dont watch it unless I have a reason to watch it. Tiger Woods is a reason, for me, to watch it. Whenever I turn the channel to watch golf I usually flip right on by unless I see him there. Usually once I've started watching I can't change the channel.
    ------
    To add on...

Golf isn't a team sport...it's an individual sport. If you dont care about any of the individuals it's harder to get excited about watching it. I have to have a rooting interest most of the time when I watch sports.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Millz said it perfectly, it's not a team sport it's an individual sport, which usually means you only cheer for one player to win all the time, and that player is Tiger Woods for me, and no I didn't jump on his bandwagon. I know a lot about Golf, I just find it more enjoyable to watch when he's playing.

He'll definitely not be at 100% when he comes back, thats why I am very interested to see how he plays.