Tiger will return to PGA Tour next week

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Woods is to golf that Nadal/Federer is to tennis for me. If Tiger is there, I'll watch. If he's not, I probably won't. Unless it's a major I guess.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The match play tournament could be a tricky event for his return. I can't imagine he'll be at 100%.

I don't understand why people only watch golf because of Tiger. Either you enjoy watching the sport or you don't. It's like saying "Damn, Kobe is injured. I can't watch basketball anymore."

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The match play tournament could be a tricky event for his return. I can't imagine he'll be at 100%.

I don't understand why people only watch golf because of Tiger. Either you enjoy watching the sport or you don't. It's like saying "Damn, Kobe is injured. I can't watch basketball anymore."
Here's the thing about golf for me...

I dont watch it unless I have a reason to watch it. Tiger Woods is a reason, for me, to watch it. Whenever I turn the channel to watch golf I usually flip right on by unless I see him there. Usually once I've started watching I can't change the channel.
------
To add on...

Golf isn't a team sport...it's an individual sport. If you dont care about any of the individuals it's harder to get excited about watching it. I have to have a rooting interest most of the time when I watch sports.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Millz said it perfectly, it's not a team sport it's an individual sport, which usually means you only cheer for one player to win all the time, and that player is Tiger Woods for me, and no I didn't jump on his bandwagon. I know a lot about Golf, I just find it more enjoyable to watch when he's playing.

He'll definitely not be at 100% when he comes back, thats why I am very interested to see how he plays.