Tiger to have season-ending knee surgery

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - Golf -

Well two days after winning the U.S Open Tiger Woods is going to have reconstructive leg surgery which means he'll be out for the rest of the year.

I think this is going to hurt Golf a lot, a lot of people tune in just to watch Tiger player, especially at Majors, so it's going to hurt the ratings a bit.

Hopefully everyone goes well and he'll be in tip top shape sooner rather then later.

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

He'll be a massive loss in The Open Championships next month.

He's shown his guts and determination though, winning a major with damaged knee ligaments is a brilliant effort.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you, a lot of people would not even play, but he's a warrior and he really wanted to win it. I've always respected Tiger but after watching the brilliant effort he put on this weekend makes me respect him even more.

4. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Stuff happens, but that sucks. He hurt it jogging? How?

Maybe some "new Tiger Woods" will come out and emerge in the league now, now that Tiger won't be playing for the rest of the year.

5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I doubt that. Tiger is too consistently dominant for someone to just pop out of the woodwork so to speak. This is a huge blow to golf ratings as many casual fans, like myself, won't be tuning in until he returns. Hoping the best for his rehab.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Who is Tiger Woods?

Matriqulated likes this.
  7. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Why won't you watch it, just because he's out? I've never actually watched golf, is everyone else really that bad?

8. Matriqulated

9. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

he is the best golfer that has ever lived, he is like the "Michael Jordan" of golf

10. Matriqulated

It's not that the rest of the field is horrible. They are all professionals. I'm just not particularly a fan of the game of golf and Tiger is THAT GOOD. The MJ of his sport. (haha jinx bball) He is likely to go down as the best to have ever played the game. I guess it's fun to think I'm watching sports history whenever I watch him win majors.

I also play Tiger Woods golf so I'm biased.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008