Tibetans are going to RUIN the Olympics

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by viLky, Apr 7, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Normally, they're so interesting and exciting.

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I can't wait for the olympic monking. Or to see who can meditate the longest.

3. wezalini

wezalini Registered Member

I don't think all the stuff that's going down will have much impact on the actual events. Athletes and spectators are usually good at seperating sport and politics to a certain degree. I think the Olympics will be as good as ever.

But there will be alot of stuff happening in Beijing and around China which may detract from the "Olympic experience" I suppose. I reckon it's a good thing though, anything that draws attention to the injustice that's going on.

Major likes this.
  4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I've read somewhere that Tibet was never technically its own country...?

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It never was and probably never will be. And they are pissing me off with those protests in Australia..

6. orangelightning

orangelightning Registered Member

wezalini...

can it really be the famed weznz?

I'm pretty sure the Olympics and politics are never good at being separate. Note bombings, hostage situations, etc...

As for the OP, I think you were being sarcastic about liking the Olympics. So I'm hoping that you were also being sarcastic about being upset that civil rights violations and murder might affect your sporting experience...

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The Tibetans are not ruining the Olympics. The blatant violation of human rights in China is the one ruining the Olympics.

8. wezalini

wezalini Registered Member

the one and the same.

hmm, yeah true i suppose. But alot of the time the crap that goes on doesn't affect the actual events. Like Atlanta '96, from memory the bomb threats etc didn't have too much of a bearing on the schedule.
    Hopefully the security will be tight enough that nothing horrific happens, from what i've seen the protests surrounding this issue have been reasonably peaceful anyway, hopefully that continues.

9. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Doesn't matter, the Olympics are a joke these days anyway.

10. padd

padd Registered Member

fuck these fuckin pricks with their "free tibet signs" here in the streets of Canada we have to hear their bullshit. Tibetans are a bunch of babies, they're disrespectfull, and they're lazy and they dont know anything about how it would be to run their own country because they never really worked for it all they've been doing since the begining of time was COMPLAIN.

The Olympics should never be held in China or any oriental eastern country. because it's just corrupted, you can't go into a country like Korea and expect a clean tournment like the 2002 world cup AHEM..

i was being sarcastic, if anybody remebers the Koreans bought Italian and Spaniard losses.