• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thunderbirds (2004)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I have seen a couple trailers for this movie. It looks like it might be a good movie.

The rating on it is PG so maybe it was made more for kids. Has anybody else heard anything about this movie.

It looks like the graphics for this movie are going to be pretty good.

So what are your thoughts on this movie?

Pianobone

Registered Member
It's based off a 70's television show and from what I've heard, the film is terrible. It's too bad because it seems like too many films just rely on special effects to sell them.

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
I never could never get into the old Thunderbirds. Maybe I just have a thing against the puppets, but I don't think I could get into the movie either.

Pianobone

Registered Member
It makes me sad because Jonathan Frakes is the director for the film. I really like his other work as both an actor and director. His most memorable role was playing Commander William Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Aside from that, he actually directed like half of the Star Trek: TNG episodes and a bunch of other Gene Roddenberry stuff.

Albey

Registered Member
Based off a 70's show ehh? Well It might be decent...

PaulZ108

Registered Member
Show about puppets adapted into typical kiddie movie where some 13 year old shows all the stupid adults that he really is all growed up? I'll pass.

PaulZ108

Registered Member
It bombed spectacularly. 15th place box office now with less than 5 million after its first week.

I have a feeling there won't be a sequel.