• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Throwing your rubbish out

Bliss

Sally Twit
In England it is common to have wheelie bins and you usually get different colours for different materials - cardboard and plastic in one, aluminium in another etc. You have to leave them out on a certain day of the week for the bin men to collect.
Where I live now in a big block of flats, all I have is a tiny rubbish shoot on my balcony. All you can do is put your rubbish in a small carrier bag and throw it down the shoot. It's really stupid. They also have a rule in place where you can't put anything down there after 9pm and that really bugs me.
Behind the flats where I live are a shit load of recycling bins. But no general waste bins.

Do you have any problems like this or do you have a simple place to throw out your rubbish?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't throw my rubbish out from the window as I find it stupid. We don't have special bags for the rubbish but everyone has their own bag at home and throws it in the recycle bin when going outside.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
People throw their rubbish out of the window? lol
Yeah. Some ignorants do it from time to time. There were a few families [in my old neighborhood] who always used to throw their rubbish out of the window, into the street.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Wow. That's disgusting. I've never known anyone to do that here. They must not think much of the world they live in.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
out here, you have to wheel or drag your garbage bins to the road, where they come and pick it up. You have to pay for the service because it's not covered by property taxes. You also have to drop your recycling off at one of the drop-off stations.

In Ann Arbor, they give you a huge recycling bin for curbside recycling. You can put anything in there that's recyclable; you don't have to sort it at all.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
We have a trash and recycling pick-up service here that's covered by taxes. All recyclables go in one big bin. It's nice not having to sort it or take it somewhere.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We have a trash and recycling pick-up service here that's covered by taxes. All recyclables go in one big bin. It's nice not having to sort it or take it somewhere.
People who work for it come at your door to pick up the rubbish?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
People who work for it come at your door to pick up the rubbish?
We put the trash outside the garage and the recycling bin on the curb near the street the night before they pick up. They don't come to the door. They make pretty decent money.

Konshentz

Konshentz
We have a place just down the street that we take our trash and recyclables to. You have to pay a small amount and they take care of it for you.