• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Throwing Money Away

Bliss

Sally Twit
And I do mean literally. I have seen coins on the street and thrown in bins more times than I remember. I don't understand why. Stick it in a jar or something and overtime it'll all add up. Actually taking a penny and putting it in the bin? I don't like that at all.

Do you do this?

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Errr no.
I haven't seen money in the bins. It makes no sense. If you don't want your money giving it to charity is a better way to go surely?

Dragon

V.I.P.
I rarely use change at all. When i get change at the stores, I just take them home and throw it in my change drawer. I also find change lying around on the floor which probably fell out of my brother or my roomate's pocket. When I get a decent amount, i take it to a coinstar machine and cash it in.

My change drawer. I guess drinks are on me?

BigBob

Registered Member
I usually keep a huge jars. I've had times where I had $50-$100 of change in jars sitting around. Some people do just throw coins away though, mainly penny's and nickels.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't toss any coin away. My favorite Aunt taught me to always pick up a coin, even a penny. She never let one pass by. I kidded her once after she picked up a penny, she was tickled she found it, she goes: "Oops, there's a penny!" I giggled and said to her: "Now just 999 more of them, and you can buy something!" She laughed, but they do add up. After she passed away, I found myself never passing a penny by if I see one lying on the sidewalk or something. I pick it up and bring it home to add to my huge container (like everyone else has) of coins. I toss all my nickels, pennies and quarters into this one thing I have, but all my dimes go into this cute antique piggy bank (actually looks like a pig, made of green glass). He has no hole in the bottom, just a slot in his back, so there's no way to get the dimes out unless one is to break him. And since he's an antique, I won't be doing that anytime soon.