Throwing a party of a 100 people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 12, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

You have a week to throw a party of atleast 100 guest. Do you cook the food yourself or do you hire a catering to do it for you?? You have all the time in the world to prepare the food and everything you need is accessible to you.

Discuss

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i'm not very good at cooking so i'd probably hire someone to do all that for me.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

What's to discuss?

If I was going to throw a party for that many people then I would have saved up to pay for caterers. There's no way in the world I'd cook for that many people.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

If I were sure I'd make enough for everyone, I might have a go at making it myself. It would feel pretty good to make that many people happy with food. It's almost as good as making people laugh.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I had trouble cooking for 5 - there is no way on earth I'm being held responsible for the mouths of one hundred people. Caterers all the way, unless everyone is happy to eat cheese sandwiches.

6. StroShow

It would be a lot of work and stress but if the time and supplies/appliances were given to me then I would try to attempt it. I'm a pretty good cook and I do have the patience to do it. But accomplishing something like that would definitely make me feel good at by myself. A hundred people makes a lot of people to serve but it can be done and I think I would be able to do it.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You just said I have a week to do this. Then you said I have all the time in the world.

So which is it?

I would rather cater it regardless, but 100 people is a lot of people. That's like wedding reception size. Catering food for that many people is going to be several thousand dollars at least.

8. StroShow

I assumed that seven days was all the time in the world to cook food for a hundred people. You cant have the food expired by the time you served it. But I should of been a lot more precise...I'm sorry.

9. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I think I would rather do all the cooking myself and get some of my mates round to help me. I would rather not get a catering service in because that would be very expensive. Another issue I just thought about was where would I store all this food! There wouldn't be enough space in my fridge or cupboards to store it all!

If I had a fair amount of cash to do this, then I would go for the catering company without a doubt!

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Well first of all I hate that many people and I'd go crazy with them in my house. :hah: So the reality of this for me is, there is no way I'd even have a party that big!

But having said that... if I did somehow end up with 100 people in my house, I couldnt cater it myself. I'd Just take a calculator to what it would cost me to cook the food myself, then add .50cents to every minute it would take me to cook it. Then see what I can find as far as caterers go for the amount it would have cost me in time and material anyway.