Thriller named Greatest Album

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

good album but NOT Greatest ever....that's a huge stretch.

3. teron

teron Registered Member

Isn't is also the highest selling album of all time?

I might not be a michael jackson fan, but it was a great album.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think it's one of the greatest albums out there because of the hit songs and how it reached out to people from different generations. Even those who weren't born yet when it came out still appreciated the album now when they discovered it (so it's not really just a hype of the moment success).

I checked out the top 10 from the list. I barely recognise #2 :hah: and to think he almost beat MJ. I highlighted my fave albums.

1. Michael Jackson - 'Thriller'
    2. Craig David - 'Born To Do It'
    3. Guns N' Roses - 'Appetite For Destruction'
    4. Radiohead - 'OK Computer'
    5. Nirvana - 'Nevermind'
    6. Oasis - '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'
    7. Oasis - 'Definitely Maybe'
    8. U2 - 'The Joshua Tree'
    9. Arctic Monkeys - 'Whatever People say I Am, That's What I'm Not'
    10. Amy Winehouse - 'Back to Black'

5. Babe_Ruth

Yeah the album sold over 110 million copies world wide Teron.

I know the top ten list is pretty bad Ysabel, but it's still good to see Michael Jackson there.

6. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

wow - Freddie Mercury was supposed to be on Thriller - cool, I had never heard that.

7. Babe_Ruth

Yeah, there's an interview of Freddie Mercury a couple of years before his death, and they started talking about Thriller and he said "I was suppose to be on that album, but declined, imagined if I was on one of the greatest selling albums of all time. Wow!"

8. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I never understood any of the hype around Michael Jacksons career. I think he's highly overrated, even if he does have the highest selling album ever, I still wouldn't go out of my way to listen to any of the music on it. And if I heard it on the radio, I'd most likely change the station.

But congrats to the King of Pop for remaining at the top, I suppose.

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

With the exception of Thriller and Off the Wall, I'd agree. But, you can't really exclude those 2 albums in a MJ discussion.

10. Babe_Ruth

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you are a huge fan of Slayer and personally I cannot stand them.

Also MIT, there's other great albums, it's not only Thriller and Off The Wall. You also have to take into consideration all the great stuff he did with Jackson 5.