• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Three Planets in Habitable Zone of Nearby Star

Iris

rainbow 11!
http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1...&utm_campaign=Feed:+EsoTopNews+(ESO+Top+News)

I don't know about y'all, but I think this is cool as fuck. Basically there are three planets that are cool/hot enough to have liquid water. Which is what is needed for life.

A team of astronomers has combined new observations of Gliese 667C with existing data from HARPS at ESO’s 3.6-metre telescope in Chile, to reveal a system with at least six planets. A record-breaking three of these planets are super-Earths lying in the zone around the star where liquid water could exist, making them possible candidates for the presence of life. This is the first system found with a fully packed habitable zone.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
It's amazing to think that not that long ago planets outside our solar system were just a matter of speculation (as probable as their existence always seemed). Hopefully technology or some brilliant data analysis technique or the such will let us determine for sure if exoplanets have a large quantity of water on their surface. From there I'm not sure how determine for sure if there's life, but life outside Earth seems more and more probable every day, even as hopes for finding it outside Earth in our own solar system get regularly dashed. Though, there's still Europa.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel sure there are many planets throughout the universe that will and does support life. There are planets out there far older than ours and I fill sure has intelligent life on it, way more intelligent than us. I just don't think we are so special that throughout this vase universe we are the only ones. Who knows we may be here because of alien intervention.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NFL 1
StroShow NFL 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2