• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Three Gaming Questions From An Old Guy

Comet

Registered Member
Sorry to bother you fine folks but I am in need of your assistance because the only thing I know about gaming is Pong was one hell of a great game back in the day. :p

One of my grandsons turns sixteen next month so here are my questions (he has an XBox 360):

1) I want to get him three games but have no clue which ones are new, good or popular. He enjoys many genres but the shooting games are his favorite. I want one or two shooter games for the XBox and one MMO for the PC. He loves games like World of Warcraft and Everquest and wants to try something new.

So if you could recommend two games (one or both of the shooting genre) and one MMO I would greatly appreciate it.

2) I want to get him a subscription for games like Netflix does for movies but I do not know which services are the best nor the prices. Your input here would be excellent!

Thank you all in advance for your help, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
So you are looking for both 360 and computer games? Well, I'm not very knowledgeable on computer games as I only play one, Guild Wars. It's a MMO but you don't have to pay a monthly fee. It's essentially a less shiny WoW. Probably not what you're looking for. :)

Does he like zombie games? Left 4 Dead one and two are fairly old, only a few years I think, but they are GREAT games where you shoot zombies. They are on the 360 and the rest of the games I mention will be for the 360 as well.

Do you know what games he has? Are you able to sneak into his room and get his titles? That would help a lot. But if he is a guy and sixteen, he'd probably like or already does like CoD. There is a new one coming next month I think, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Gears of War 3 is coming out next month on september 20th. Borderlands is a first person shooter/rpg that is really good.

Comet

Registered Member
So you are looking for both 360 and computer games?
My apologies. I should have been more specific.

I want the two regular games for the XBox and the MMO for the PC.

I edited my original post to make it clear.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I take it maturity ratings aren't a concern?

Comet

Registered Member
I take it maturity ratings aren't a concern?
No, they are not. My daughter allows him to play violent-oriented games.

What is the name of the game where you are a ninja in the 12th or 13th century (I believe)? I remember hearing good things about it. Think there was a sequel to it.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I think you're talking about Assassins Creed with that one Comet. There are three in that series I think. I'll have to have a think on some other titles to suggest. My housemate is big into computer gaming so when I see him next i'll ask him to suggest some MMO's.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yes, Assassin's Creed is a very good game, but it's not a shoot 'em up. It's still fantastic, though! Bioshock is very good, it's a RPG with a very compelling storyline.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If he plays Call of Duty or Battlefield, I'd suggest buying a preorder for him. What that means is you can basically pay off one of the new titles (released in November) and when the game is released he can just go to the game store and pick it up.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Like what Merc said, I would preorder either Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, or preorder them both. They both come out around November, within 2 weeks from each other. Battlefield 3 will be released on 10/25, and Modern Warfare 3 will be released on 11/8. When it comes to different MMOs I would suggest DC Universe, completely different from WoW but a lot of fun.

Another fun game is Deus Ex Human Revolution, but he does sound more like an online gamer so he may not like it because there is no multiplayer support.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't see the point in him getting both Battlefield and Call of Duty as a present, what with them being such similar games.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NFL 1
StroShow NFL 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2