Wii Thread of New Revolution Details

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LaRazaUnida, Nov 19, 2005.

1. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Just read this on IGN
    The part that jumped out for me are these parts

The first quote gets me excite, I cant wait to get my hands on something different.

The second quote is the part that gets me most excited, ONLY THE BASICS ARE KNOWN!?

And the third, I am glad to see that we will be getting more info before '05 is over.:D :D :D

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

It doesnt really surprise me, as the article says, Nintendos past 2 consoles have been shrouded in secrecy, now should be no different.

The 'Revolution' is the first in that line of secrecy that has mecompletly stoked.

I cant wait to see the games, thats where they will make it or break it... and I have confidence that this time they will make it!!

3. LaRazaUnida

I cant remember, but what were the secrets of the 64 and the cube? I dont think any of them really had any secrets, but I cant remember.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

well, the 64 was the analog control stick... the cube on the other hand I dont really know, but it was also held under the secrecy cloak which I think hurt them this time around

5. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

There's something to be said for creating secrecy and guarding your "ace in the hole," as it were. But I think gamers would much rather have full disclosure of stats on a machine. At least I would.

Think about this. Would you willingly buy a computer for gaming if the manufacturer wouldn't give you specs on the video card or the processor? No way! "Well, I can't tell you everything, but I can mention that it has not just one or two, but three exhaust fans!" Wow! Three fans! Well, that could mean that the processor is so ungodly fast that it needs an enormous amount of cooling power to operate at a safe level. Or, it could simply mean that the case is so poorly designed that it takes three times as much effort to funnel air through the twisted back caverns of the tower.

I would much rather have absolutes than vague expressions left open for interpretation.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well there's a while before it comes out. More information will come out. I think their main concern is competitors getting ahold of the information too early.

7. KannonMAK

KannonMAK Registered Member

as much as microsoft would like us to admit, a console isnt a computer.

8. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I don't think Nintendo would have let all the cats out of the Revolution bag just yet, so I would say there could be much we don't know.

9. LaRazaUnida

Cheers to holographic gaming:D

10. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

there has been a promo video out [ dont know if its offical or not ] where it shows a kid put on a helmet and plays in a virtual world.

also speaking of holographic gaming, who remembers that old sega arcade where you played as a time traveling cowboy or something of that sort and it played like Dragons Lair, that game was awesome.