Thrashers trade goalie kari lehtonen to stars

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Thrashers trade goalie Kari Lehtonen to Stars

I knew that Lethonen would be traded eventually, but I'm surprised that he's gone to the Stars. I think this is a sign to come with turco, he'll probably get traded during the trading deadline. He needs a new team to rejuvenate his career.

I've always been a fan of Lethonen, been watching him since his World Junior days with Finaland, and I always thought that he would be an amazing goalie. Well injuries has derailed that, and he played with the Thrashers, which didn't help his cause much either. Hopefully he'll be given a chance to shine in Dallas and he can show everyone his his goalie skills.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Can Turco really turn it around? Personally I don't see it happening, but you never know. What team will he go to you think?

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of rumors have him going to Montreal for either Halak or Price, but I believe that would be pretty stupid if Pierre Gauthier would make that trade.

I believe he can turn things around, his track record speaks for itself, he just needs a fresh start. I believe he'll go on a playoff team, but have no clue which one.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont think view Lehtonen as that good of a goalie but there's no doubt Turco needs to move. Its ridiculous how far he's fallen.

5. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

With this move it's obvious that Turco's days in Dallas are over. Where will he go? Well, to make this deal the Stars management staff had to go to Chicago to scout Lehtonen and probably along their way stopped at the United Center to talk to the Bowman's. With Huet's troubles it's no secret that the 'Hawks want Turco and have the abundance of assets (next year's cap) to make this happen

6. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Ya, I think Turco will be wearing a Hawks uniform before the trade deadline. They can offer a guy like Sopel to help offset some of the potential salary problems and I think Chicago would rather roll into the postseason with Turco than Huet. Turco, despite his troubles, has a pretty good playoff track record.

Turco to the Habs makes no sense, I can't see that happening, although there have been reports to the contrary.

I think the darkhorse here is Washington. Do they want to go into the postseason with Theodore and Varlamov? I think Turco might be a better option in net for them but I am not sure if Dallas would like what the Caps would have to offer.