• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thoughts on Dean Malenko?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We never really talked about Dean Malenko on these forums, so I decided to start a new thread about him.

What are your thoughts on Dean Malenko?

Do you believe he belong in the Hall of Fame?

Personally I always enjoyed watching the man of 1000 holds step into the ring, he had a lot of skills and was one of the best in the business in my opinion. He had great feuds with the likes of Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho, Mysterio, Dragon and many others.

Personally I believe he does belong in the Hall.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wish Dean-o could have gotten the kind of pushes that Benoit and Guerrero got, even if on a smaller scale and not for the Heavyweight Title.

I was an avid WCW watcher back in the day, and I'm sure I saw a lot of his stuff, but unfortunately I don't remember a lot. I'll have to YouTube some of his matches soon.

Definitely put him in the HOF.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I dig on Dean Malenko! It's always cool nowadays when I spot him on the TVs for a second or two, in a beatdown pulloff or whatnot.

HOF, mmm... yeah!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Dean Malenko is one the best techincal wrestlers I have ever seen. Not much in the charisma department but still...one hell of a talent. Wrestled in ECW, WCW and WWE.

He should be inducted in the Hall of Fame.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Malenko was always one of my favorites and as Unity pointed out, it's a shame he didn't get more of a push.

Yes he belongs in the HOF.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I guess 1000 holds couldnt get him that push but it definitely got Chris Jericho a push when he claimed that he had 1004 holds :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chris Jericho had a feud with Stinko Malenko for three months when Dean wasn't even on television...guess that says more about Jericho then anything else haha.

But yeah, Malenko was awesome. I think he deserves a look into the hall.

And hell, I LOVE the Texas Cloverleaf.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Chris Jericho had a feud with Stinko Malenko for three months when Dean wasn't even on television...guess that says more about Jericho then anything else haha.

But yeah, Malenko was awesome. I think he deserves a look into the hall.

And hell, I LOVE the Texas Cloverleaf.
A little off topic, but it does involve Malenko's move....

...What would hurt more, the Cloverleaf or the Sharpshooter?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say the cloverleaf would hurt a bit more then the sharpshooter, but that all depends how much pressure you put on the submission I guess.

The 1004 holds segment with Chris Jericho is still one of the funniest things I've seen in wrestling till this day. I loved it how he kept repeating "arm bar" lol.