• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thoughts on cyclists?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if you guys have great bike paths on your streets, but ours is up and down.

What are your thoughts on cyclists when you're driving? For the most part, I can't stand them. I know they have the right to the road just as much as me, but most of them take advantage of their "rights" out there. I'm always afraid that I'm going to hit one of them when passing them(if I can pass them).

Thoughts?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I HATE them.

I know that sounds harsh, but one of my biggest fears is hitting a cyclist with my car. I really don't want to hurt anyone, but they ride so freaking close to me! It gives me such anxiety to drive around cyclists, especially when they are so close that their bike handles are scraping on my car windows (this is happened before).

I don't even drive a lot, I walk mostly since I live in a city. And I can say that from my own personal experiences that cars are SO much nicer to pedestrians than cyclists are. Cyclists are rude. I've been yelled at by cyclists while walking for the most stupid things, like waiting for them to pass before I walk across the road so that we don't have a collision. Not even kidding, this happened to me.

I don't know why I seem to be a magnet for jerk cyclists. I'm sure most cyclists are nice and follow all the road rules and respect pedestrians but I've just personally had so many bad experiences now that I can't stand them. I feel dread when I see a cyclist coming towards me while I'm walking.