Thoughts on Al Gore?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Whenever I hear people discussing about Al Gore it's always mix feelings, some people can't stand the guy and others appreciate what he's trying to do.

What are your thoughts on Al Gore?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I categorize Al Gore somewhere between Car Salesman and Telemarketer.

He's nothing more than either of those to me. There are people that will believe every word that comes out of his mouth, and others that will be skeptic of him just because of who he is.

I do feel there is some Merit to what he's got to say... but he's saying so as if he's the Late Billy Mays trying to sell you some KAPOW! Window Cleaner.

one thing that I dont care for from him is the Self Proclaiming, Self appointed heir that he has. Words have alot of power, and the way words are structured in a sentence can create a huge impact on the picture you're trying to paint. From what I've seen with Al Gore, he's an artist when it comes to painting glorious pictures with words that may be grounded in truth but are skyrocketed with imagination and flair.

oh and then on top of that, he's still just a politician to me. And I am not a fan, nor do I believe in any politicians for that matter.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I appreciate that he's been trying to get the word out on the environment for years...it boggles my mind that some of the people that keep using our grandchildren in analysis of the deficit are the same people that write environmental issues off. It's ok for future generations to be sitting on a garbage heap, I guess, as long as they have a crisp stack of money. /rant

Anyway, if the allegations of his sexual misconduct in relation to his divorce are true I'd be disappointed but not surprised. He is a politician, after all.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm pretty much in agreement with Goat on this one. He's a used car salesman pushing his snake oil. Like Goat said, I think there is some merit to what he says, it's the hyperbole and doom and gloom that makes him seem silly. That and the things he does go against his claims which make his claims seem exaggerations.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I appreciate that he's been trying to get the word out on the environment for years...it boggles my mind that some of the people that keep using our grandchildren in analysis of the deficit are the same people that write environmental issues off. It's ok for future generations to be sitting on a garbage heap, I guess, as long as they have a crisp stack of money. /rant
I don't want to derail the thread, but there's SO much exaggeration and hyperbole in the environmental debate (and Gore's one of the biggest culprits). Whereas it's pretty obvious that our national debt is X amount of dollars you can just look it up, and everyone agrees that that's what it is.

Honestly, I'd say that 98% of the people I've met do care about the environment - they're just not always willing to go along to the extent environmentalists might prefer. I remember 7th grade, we had a mock "Town Hall" debate based on a book, and the main thrust of the debate was whether a small logging town's industry should be shut down because of an endangered butterfly.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard that Gore's been seen driving a gas guzzler, going around on a private plane unnecessarily, etc. Sounds hypocritical.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard that Gore's been seen driving a gas guzzler, going around on a private plane unnecessarily, etc. Sounds hypocritical.
Whether the Gas Guzzler is true or not, I wonder what his electrical bills are because he does in fact have 4 houses, one of which is a 9 million dollar house in Montecito, California...

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a Montecito-area property to their real estate holdings, reports the Montecito Journal.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on an ocean-view villa on 1.5 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, a real estate source familiar with the deal confirms. The Italian-style house has six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.

Al Gore, Tipper Gore snap up Montecito-area villa - latimes.com
I had to laugh at how it says "His Wife"... the article actually isnt that old, only from April of this Year.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
I say he's a pretty cool guy. He shoots global warmings and doesn't afraid of anything.

but in all seriousness, I see nothing wrong with what he's trying to do. Whether you decide to buy it or not is another issue altogether. I mean if you boil it down, love the planet and cut down emissions? Its not damaging for him to suggest it, its not really damaging to practice it either.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm in total agreement with CO and Ice.
I do have the greatest respect for Tipper though. As a Senator's wife she did more good than almost any Senator with her push to get warning labels on vulgar CD's. She's also an accomplished photographer and author.
I've got a feeling these allegations are true about Al and....ugghhh... I feel sorry for her. At least she left the bum.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I don't want to derail the thread, but there's SO much exaggeration and hyperbole in the environmental debate (and Gore's one of the biggest culprits). Whereas it's pretty obvious that our national debt is X amount of dollars you can just look it up, and everyone agrees that that's what it is.
That's a point that I can respect in terms of global warming which is still under debate and study, but I have one issue still: What about the countless environmental problems that everyone agrees are having a negative impact? There are plenty out there.