• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thoughts on Aaron Rodgers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's face it, Rodgers as looked good at times this season, but he's looked bad at times. Before the season started, everyone thouhgt he was going to win the MVP, he's going to lead his team to the Super Bowl, but as of right now he's not doing all that well.

I know a lot of his offensive weapons have gone down with injury, and a few key players on the defense is missing too. But it seems like he doesn't have the "clutch" gene. Yesterday, he was able to score a late touchdown to tie the game up, but he wasn't able to lead his team to victory.

I'm just curious to know what your thoughts on Rodgers. Do you consider him one of the elite Quarterbacks in this league?

BigBob

Registered Member
I believe he's a top 5 quarterback in the league. Without Rodgers, the Packers would just be another team. With Rodgers, the Packers are a Super Bowl team every year.

You say he can't do it, but they have 2 OT loses which could make their season easily 5-1. Another 3 point loss to Chicago making their season 6-0. This is a team that's a field goal away every time. Blame his line. Blame the kicking. I don't blame Rodger's for them being 3-3.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that his offensive line as been pretty bad thus far this season, and Rodgers should be the last to blame for the lack of success they are having right now. With that said, I don't consider him one of the best Quarterbacks in the league, and I don't think he's ready to lead a team to the Super Bowl just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I believe he's extremely talented, and has all the tools to be one of the best, but he as some work to do.

BigBob

Registered Member
..and I disagree. I don't think he has much work to do. I think he's been prepped and readied for this exact moment. Taking the top quarterbacks in the league, I'd put him at 3 or 4 overall as the best.. depending on how I feel about Matt Schaub that particular day.

Konshentz

Konshentz
He has to take at least some of the blame, he has thrown 7 INTs. He is definitely talented, but I don't think he is a top 5 QB, not yet anyways.

And I don't see him leading his team to a SB or being the MVP this year.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think most of his mistakes have come because of shortcomings from his O-line and poor defense throughout the game. he's been forced to throw in many games so teams just know what to expect. When he's protected, he piles on the yardage.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We're also taking about a guy who lost his starting running back due to an injury. It's not easy to just replace a guy like Ryan Grant and expect Rodgers to sling it all over the place with Brandon Jackson in the backfield.

He's definitely one of the best QB's in the league. He was able to sit back and learn when Favre was there. He's a stud.