• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thoughts of the new Miami Heat so far?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the Miami Heat have played their first official NBA game. They lost 88-80 to the Celtics. What are your thoughts of them as a team so far?

To me it looked like they were playing street ball. The Celtics were organized and were executing plays successfully while the Heat were basically doing "every man for himself and pass if necessary".

I also don't like how LeBron didn't get called on his offensive charging of Paul Pierce. He knocked Pierce out of the game for most of the 3rd quarter and they called the foul on Pierce even though he was in front of LeBron long before LeBron got to that spot on the court. Worst call I have seen in a long time. If it weren't for Pierce sitting out a bit I think the score would have been 10 points higher for the Celtics.

Needless to say, SO FAR, I'm not very impressed with the Heat. I don't think they are going to be much to worry about in the East. The Celtics and Magic will dominate them, and I'm sure others will too.

So much for the "Three Kings". :nod:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see most of the game but is it true they scored NINE points in the first quarter? James had 31 points but it doesn't look like they got much from Wade or Bosh. The Celtics are the more complete team and the deeper team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't get the chance to watch the game since I had dodgeball last night, but it's one game. You can't really judge a team by one game. You have to remember that Dwyane Wade only played three minutes during the pre-season so he hasn't adjusted to his new teammates yet.

The Heat play again tonight, and even though it's only their second game I believe we can make a better judgement tonight then we could yesterday. None the less, I still believe this team will finish atop of the Eastern Conference by seasons end, barring any major injury.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Heat didn't have anybody playing the inside. Also, they didn't have any big players. I think Bosh or LeBron are the tallest players at around 6 foot 6.

The Celtics walked across those "hot" coals like a stroll in the park. ;)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Yeah, The Heat were very sloppy last night and even though it was there first night that the "The Three Kings" played together, they should of been team players. I saw so many openings that they could passed the ball to the outside for a wide open jumper. They missed all the opportunities last night and maybe after they study the film they will learn and come out better equipped on Thursday night. Sloppy. But there defense is truly something I have not seen for a while, very aggressive and they should keep that up. Never mind they play tonight stupid me.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Once again, it's only the first game Brix. The Cavaliers loss their first two games last season, and people were saying stuff like you are right now. Guess what though, they finished first in the Eastern Conference. You can't expect these guys to gel right away, they need a bit of time to find their rhytym, and in time I believe they will.

The Heat do have a few players that can play center/power forward. Some of their height are:

Chris Bosh - 6"11
Joel Anthony - 6"9
Juwan Howard - 6"9
Zydrunas Ilgauskas - 7"3
Jamaal Magloire - 6"11
Dexter Pittman - 6"11

So they have a few players that are tall enough to play the four and the five.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I would say so far they don't look very impressive although it's only one game. I do think if KG's knees hold up Boston is the team to beat in the East. I would say the Magic would be next. The Heat definitely improved themselves in the offseason but I think too much is expected out of them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I watched most of the game. The Heat definitely wasn't very impressive, but it's one game. It takes time to build chemistry. Even with as poorly as they played, it was a one possession game at one point late in the 4th quarter and they could have won. Not to mention it was on the road against one of the top teams in the NBA.

konboye

Registered Member
Well, its de ja vous for Lebron and Dwyane, do you guys remember that their last games last season was in Boston and both ended in loses too. Lets say thats a coincidence. Miami is missing two things that the Celtics used to their advantage, an elite PG and Centre. Every other team they play will definitely exploit those positins. I just have a feeling Miami's season will be end by Boston again, if Boston can stay healthy. The Heat will win their next game tonight against the sixers, thats for shizzle.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
As LeBron said, it took more then one day to build Rome.

I'm no Heat fan but definitely, they are lacking chemistry. They did however only play 4 minutes together in the pre-season, so I think it is going to take some time for these guys to get a rhythm going.