Those against the mosque: Did you know there was one IN the towers?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Merc, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Source

I mean, I've never gotten why this was strictly an attack on "America" only and nobody else. The trade center was a symbol of worlds peacefully colliding to do business and commerce. As evidence by this article which points out something I admittedly wasn't even aware of, that there was a muslim prayer room on the 17th floor of one of the towers.

I guess they were trying to "celebrate" early, right? :lol:

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

So wait, this makes no sense to me.

Wouldn't it have been sacrilegious to the Islam extremist to blow it up?

3. Merc

That's because they didn't care. They were murderers and they wanted blood. This is why this whole "the mosque is a sign of victory" then is stupid because they don't care if their own people get caught in the cross fire, it's not about their religion (strictly) it's about their ideals. Their religion just makes them feel justified in their actions.

4. Ilus_Unistus

Ilus_Unistus Registered Member

No, I can look up the verse if you like, but I remember from another thread I posted quotes from the Koran it said something to this effect: "If you live among them (referring to Christians or Jews) then you are of them and you shall die with them. "

I put quotes but it is not accurate, but is very close. To an Islamic extremist they did no wrong as the Mosque was "among them".

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  5. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Key word here is Muslim prayer room, if they put a mosque at ground zero that will be a slap to all Americans. And this article is trying to compare a mosque to a muslim prayer room. Here is the difference

Muslim Prayer room:
    [​IMG]

Muslim Mosque:
    [​IMG]

The below pic is what will be at ground zero.

6. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

No need to look it up.

You're right, I forgot about that. ^^

Kinda sad.

7. Merc

Why is it a slap? There is no "slap" it's a republican fantasy, a work of fiction that fits into their fear driven narrative. Both are places of community and worship, nothing else and neither you nor anyone else has provided or has any proof on the contrary.

No it's not, that's a Mosque in Michigan. How many terrorists attacks have happened in Michigan?

8. Sim

Sim Registered Member

Look at it this way: A Muslim extremist doesn't necessarily think other faithful Muslims are really Muslims when they don't share their violent extremist ideas. So for radical islamist fanatics, the common peaceful Muslim who even cooperates with infidels is not one of their kind.

Do fanatic Christian abortion doctor murderers care if their victims are faithful Christians and go to a church regularly?

Do members of radical Christian fringe churches not regularly claim most other people calling themselves "Christians" are not true Christians?

Don't many followers of a particular Christian denomination call into question that other denominations get salvation too?

Aren't extremely dogmatic Catholic fanatics convinced Protestants will go to hell if not respecting the sacraments?

I haven't heard that Reverend Phelps makes a difference between atheist homosexuals and faithful Christian homosexuals when spitting out his rants against "f*gs".

We must stop to consider Islam and Muslims a monolithic block. They are far from it. There are not just large differences between Sunnis, Shias, Wahabites or Sufis, but also vast differences about the individual attitudes towards their respective personal role for faith, and even stronger differences in regards to the question how the individual faith of a Muslim influences their views on politics.

The way people often talk about this problem falls short because of these vast generalizations that are being made, lumping them all together. By the same logic, Muslims may wonder how a Christian man could murder another fellow Christian who happens to be an abortion doctor, or how one Christian country could ever wage war against another Christian country.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  9. Ilus_Unistus

Ilus_Unistus Registered Member

As someone who is neutral to any religion, I am beginning to realize a bigger picture in this ground zero mosque. I am seeing this now as a means or tool for Islamic extremist to build more hate by all of Islam towards the USA or Christians/Jews or possibly anyone not of Islam.

Is it possible this is the beginning of WW3? The whole "world ending in 2012" is beginning to look like more of a possibility now if it is...

icegoat63 likes this.
  10. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Good post Sim!

The OP provides more generalizations like opposition to the mosque can only be explained by hatred of all Muslims fueled by the republican hate machine. :lol:

Those that like to perpetuate this myth continue to ignore the significance of the name "cordoba", the choice of the 10yr anniversary of 9/11 for the dedication, the imam & developers involved, the divisive rhetoric involved like the imam's thinly veiled threat that if the mosque is not built there will be more attacks, their refusal to even consider other locations, etc. etc.

Those things seem quite divisive and contrary to the stated goal of building understanding and respect.