• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This Year, In Music

Impact

V.I.P.
What are you looking forward to in 2011 musicwise? Be it a gig, album or dvd release, rumours of band you loved back in the day getting back together, whatever.

For me, two bands I love are releasing new albums. Rise Against and Five Finger Death Punch. I'm also quite excited about a new Queens of the Stone Age and Red Hot Chilli Peppers album, and rumours of a new Metallica album.

Oh, and the Big Four coming to the UK. I really want to get tickets to that gig. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth. Yes Please!!

System of a Down getting back together and touring! Any fan who isn't excited that this could mean a new SOAD album aren't a true fan.

I'm sure i'll have more to add as more tours and albums news is released, but i'm excited by this year so far. Going to be a good year in music!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I can't wait for the NKOTBSB [new kids on the block & bsb] on tour together.

Generally speaking, I'm waiting for songs to like in a heartbeat. It's been long since I last heard a song and said "WOW .. that is amazing!!!!". I haven't had this feeling for ages.

I hope to hear less of Rihanna and Lady GagaGa...bla bla bla , Ke$ha and Miley Cyruslut.

I want more from Mariah Carey [the 90s style], Christina Aguilera and Seal.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm looking forward to see how many records Michael Jackson's new album is going to sell. Lots of rumors that Van Halen will be teaming up with Triumph and will be touring. I do hope they come to my area because I would love to see these two bands. Interested to know if a new star is going to be born and take the music industry by storm. I also hope we hear less of Justin Bieber, Kesha and many more artist that won't be relevant in three years.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I won't talk trends, but I will talk albums.

Right of the bat on the 11th of the month, one of my favorite bands, Cage the Elephant, releases their second album, "Thank You, Happy Birthday". Then right after that The Decemberists release a new album "The King is Dead"!

New Lupe... new Yellowcard... new Sum 41... new Gaga AND a collabo album with Kanye and Jay-Z? Awesome.

Impact

V.I.P.
I won't talk trends, but I will talk albums.

Right of the bat on the 11th of the month, one of my favorite bands, Cage the Elephant, releases their second album, "Thank You, Happy Birthday". Then right after that The Decemberists release a new album "The King is Dead"!

New Lupe... new Yellowcard... new Sum 41... new Gaga AND a collabo album with Kanye and Jay-Z? Awesome.
Wait, Cage The Elephant who did that song on Borderlands? No Rest for the Wicked, or something?

I didn't realise Yellowcard and Sum 41 had a new album on the way. I'll have to keep an eye out

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Hope to see less of Justin Bieber and decrease in his fan count.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I hope to hear less of Rihanna and Lady GagaGa...bla bla bla , Ke$ha and Miley Cyruslut.
I'm with you on Rihanna. "Hey look! I'm Rihanna and I can yell one note over and over again really loudly!"

I think you'll still be hearing Gaga a lot though. Bad Romance was released in 09 I think and it stayed immensely popular throughout '10. She's got a new single coming out in February and a new album in March. Be prepared to hear a lot from her. haha

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
My only interests have already been mentioned by other people

Really looking forward to Lazers: LupEND. I was firstly disappointed when it wasnt released in December like they had promised last march :hah:

The other is Five Finger Death Punch. Cant go wrong with them.

Anything else is Pudding on the cake. Depending on the flavor of the year it could be either good or bad.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Albums I'm looking forward to...

Detox - Dr. Dre
The Great Escape - Joe Budden
When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes - Yellowcard
Fishing For Woos - Bowling For Soup
Watch My Throne - Kanye West & Jay-Z
Endgame - Rise Against
Town Line - Aaron Lewis

Just to name a few.

I'm also looking forward to going to the Rock On The Range concert. 30+ plus bands, two days of awesomeness. Haha.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Hope to see less of Justin Bieber and decrease in his fan count.
lol. That'll happen because just like every successful male singer, he'll engage in alcohol, sex, DUI and drugs. Just give him a few years.