This thread is NOT for the faint of heart or stomach

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
do not say you were not warned. however it is far too good not to be shared. i couldn't possibly keep this to myself

http://www.mothers35plus.co.uk/plac_rec2.htm

placenta recipes.

you read that right.
:shifteyes:

(I promise it's not a rickroll. you all should know I think rickrolling is the stupidest thing ever and if I had a time machine I would un-introduce hybrix to the concept)

wolfheart

Registered Member
Me , I just had to look didnt I , cant help myself.

I will now be putting my dinner back in the kitchen, and not thinking about food for some time.
So glad it was not a step by step picture type thing.

Is this serious?!

*clicks*

To prepare a placenta, cut the meat away from the membranes with a sharp knife. Discard the membranes.

Roast Placenta

1-3lb fresh placenta (must be no more than 3 days old)
1 onion
etc

Yes. It is serious. :stare:

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah so...something gross for you all; My aunt keeps the placenta from her first child in the freezer...now before you think she is completely fucked in the head, she is married to a Maori man, and it is Maori belief that it brings good luck.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Is this serious?!

*clicks*

To prepare a placenta, cut the meat away from the membranes with a sharp knife. Discard the membranes.

Roast Placenta

1-3lb fresh placenta (must be no more than 3 days old)
1 onion
etc

Yes. It is serious. :stare:
And I had to click that spoiler too:sick:.
I will never learn:urp:.

Impact, I can kind of get my head around your aunt keeping it in the freezer if it is a beleif of her husbands culture that it brings good luck, that does not freak me out as much as cooking and eating it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Placenta Cocktail
Ingredients:

1/4 cup fresh, raw placenta
8oz V-8 juice
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup carrot

gives "Bloody Mary" a whole new meaning, doesn't it?

cheers!