• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This offended me.. am I wrong?

Marys454BB

Premium Member
Did a little searching earlier today and found this auction..
This person mentioned the "ghost cane" like so...
There are people suffering out there who need the $65,000 spent on a Ghost Cane more than the Indiana woman who put it up for sale. That money would have went a long way in helping pay for medicine, support research for cures, or provide assistance to the disabled
It kind of irked me because this person doesn't know me or my family & a LOT of the money we got did go to charities & a lot more went to help out our friends and family + debt.. blah blah blah..
I just don't see where this person gets off saying this..
They ended the auction for some reason & I'm glad! If I see it up again I may write to them about it.. not sure.
Had to vent.

if anyone wants to see what the auction was ebay # REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Email them at their contact info. You dont owe anyone an explanation whatsoever for what you did with YOUR money. There are people out there paying 5k for ONE freakin meal at an event... multiply that by sayyy 50 people and darn... coulda sent 1000 homeless kids in Asia to school... There's always someone who is going to bash. It's jealousy. Im sure ALOT of people could use 68k (including myself) but we didnt have the idea to put that original auction up. NO ONE knew it would go so high.

I take that back... ya probably owe the IRS an explanation but it stops there :)

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I agree mary, you should email them at their contact info. I don't think they have a right to put that up on their auction anyway. They have no clue who you are or what you might have needed before you put that auction up. They obviously don't have a clue about you or the auction, cuz if they did they would have realised that you were not out to make that kind of money and if I remember right even cancelled a couple of bids cuz it was getting to high and out of control. They just need to get a life. you did give money to charity but still that is your business what you did with it, not anybody else's and if people don't like it who cares. you don't have to answer to everyone out there with an opinion.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Marys454BB said:
Did a little searching earlier today and found this auction..
This person mentioned the "ghost cane" like so...

It kind of irked me because this person doesn't know me or my family & a LOT of the money we got did go to charities & a lot more went to help out our friends and family + debt.. blah blah blah..
I just don't see where this person gets off saying this..
They ended the auction for some reason & I'm glad! If I see it up again I may write to them about it.. not sure.
Had to vent.

if anyone wants to see what the auction was ebay # REMOVED
Im sorry Mary, but I had to remove the # due to the fact that weve had people join up to defend themselves in the past. Sorry.

I would be kinda mad also. If you do see it again report it to ebay. Some people have nothing better to do than rip others no matter what the reason.

Marys454BB

Premium Member
I thought maybe I was just looking at it wrong but the more I thought about it the more ticked I got.
I went back to the auction to email them & let them know I wasn't very happy about how they talked about me but it was gone. I'm going to keep watching for it. If I see it again I will email them.
Thanks everyone. There is no where else to go to about this stuff!
I'm so glad Andrew made these forums!
Hey, Where has he been anyway?
PS. It's ok about the auction # Darth.. I totally understand!

rheaman

Registered Member
If you choose to put personal information out on the net you should be prepared to absorb the comments that will come, good and bad a like.

Like somebody else all ready said, you don't need to defend yourself. Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

TGirl

Registered Member
Mary I am soooo sorry..........but this could not be the first time someone has said something about your auction....I am sure that its purely out of jealousy that maybe their auction did not get seen like yours.....in any case Tater is right.....some people just have nothng better to do with their time...we have seen that over and over with our auctions....
What is good about it all is that you know and God knows and we know...so that is truely all that matters....you are a good person and they just want a horrible reaction out of this...and as hard as it is...its not worth it!

Good luck though!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Wow Mary I am sorry to had to come across that too. Sounded to me like they were trying to justify themselves needing the money more.?? Like was said, you had no idea it was going to go that high and get all that attention. And it IS NONE of their business! I can tell you, had I ever made that much off an auction, it all would have went to mine and my families financial situations. So just the fact that you even gave some of it to charity is great!!

Best thing to do is try not to read anything that looks like it might be talking about you. I KNOW I KNOW, us being women that is a VERY hard thing to do, but sometimes it is better to just not know. :)

trees

Registered Member
I am sorry you had to read that too! I know that alot of people in this world deserve a "break" Some get it and some don't, however it is silly to get Jealous and act childish over it. I am happy for evryone who can make some extra needed money in this world. Don't let it bother you, after all it was your idea that sold, whats the difference in selling creativity or a car? Either way its your money! :D

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I almost agree with those who said to contact the seller but, on the other hand, why give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to you? Deflamation of character and key word spamming?? Hmmm.... I would turn them in to eBay and toss in the suggestion of a lawsuit for the deflamation! That will fix the jacka**! As far as hurt feelings? You're a big girl... shake it off. Those people are nobody.