• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This must be the place! (Right?)

BarneyL

Registered Member
I've been looking for an active, fun place to yak online, have tried creating a few forums myself, and... man, is it hard to get people to stop in, so went to Admin Zone, looked in the forum directory for one that sounded broad-based and active, and... here I is!:cool:\

My profile says enough for now, dinner on the table, I'll wander through the threads, see if I can get involved with some fun discussions. Nice to meet y'all! (Oh, here's a bit more of me - KTVZ.com Central Oregons News, Weather and Sports Leader - Home and Leave it to Barney

Last edited:

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
:welcome:

hope you stay and become active.

BarneyL

Registered Member
I write news for a living! LOTS of news, esp. online. Have been a reporter for 30 years-plus. But if I'm not into anime or play poker, I'll find some folks to chat with about things here, right?;)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh nice.

You should play poker here with us. Click the poker link at the top of the site. We have a free poker server that we play on when enough players are online.

BarneyL

Registered Member
A bit more about what I do and why;)

:welcome:

hope you stay and become active.
If I can't make a forum active myself (had two tries in Yuku - ever try that forum software? It's nice) - one to try to create a place for journalists to talk (Forum on Journalism's Future - Message Board - Yuku) -believe it or not, none really exists - and one for Central Oregon folks to chat about anything/everything (High Desert Forum - Message Board - Yuku)

So far, not getting much interest in either. But if you visit our station's Website, my beloved "baby," KTVZ.com Central Oregons News, Weather and Sports Leader - Home - you'll see we have had amazing sucess with an article commenting/rating feature. Yes, there have been some yahoos, but like I wrote in my blog this week (Leave it to Barney) we've had HUNDREDS of well-wishes, condolences, etc. about a beloved ER doctor who drowned this week.

I was just hoping to expand beyond responding to/reacting to news items and give folks in our region a forum/place to hang out. Then I realized I haven't been visiting any active forums online MYSELF, so maybe hanging in a place like GF will give me a clue what I need to do to make the ones I'd like to have thrive, thrive.

Oh, and I'm called Babblin Barn at times. Can ya tell why?:nod:

I used to hang in AOL chat rooms years ago, heck I go back to Prodigy - yep a dinosaur - and while blogs are nice, they just aren't, well, communal. To me, anyway. I love forums, and text ones at that - video things like Talk City are just a bit too, um, intrusive I guess, unless you're into watching other people;) I'm into typing! Well, writing. And talking that way.

Who knows, maybe I'll even run into some fellow Oregonians - or even folks from the Bend area. Ya never know!

BarneyL

Registered Member
Does the poker server know the rules? I sure don't! Maybe when I feel a lil more comfortable I'll wander in and ... blow it;)

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
oh, so do you like sports? there is a great section to talk about all sports. and since you were a reporter, there is also a section about current news, political and non-political.

hope to see you around the forums barney. :)

BarneyL

Registered Member
I'll check the news one. Thanks for the kind welcome! (Not largely into sports, more tech than that but... like I say, I'll wander!)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was at least 1 person from Oregon here a while ago but she hasn't been around for about 6 months or so. I know some people who live out there though.