• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This just in. Late breaking news from San Jose.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
http://www.sjsharks.com/news/news.asp?story_id=1929

I hope this isn't the start of the Sharks going head first into a "we need a big name star so that we can organize our entire team around him" phase. It doesn't work in sports. It NEVER works. Teams think it does but it doesn't. It brings fans in but who won the Stanley Cup last year? Who won? Tampa Bay. And who was in the Western finals? The Sharks. Did either team have a central star last year? NO.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i'm from San Jose but i don't watch much hockey. i do have a friend that does and he told me that the Sharks were doing pretty good as of late as i understood it.

but who knows, maybe this big time star will help the team towards victory.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The trade could end up being good for both teams. They're both in last place in their divisions right now, so they have to start taking some chances. It was almost two years ago that the Sharks were in the conference finals. Obviously that chemistry isn't there anymore.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The trade could end up being good for both teams. They're both in last place in their divisions so it's time to start taking some risks. It was almost two years ago since the Sharks were in the western conference finals, so obviously the chemistry that they had isn't there anymore. I like the trade.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I don't mind the trade of Sturm and Premeau, but Brad Stuart was a big much in that trade. I just hope that Thornton doesn't come in thinking the team is his bitch and then up and pull a Belfour when he doesn't like what he's seeing.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Sharks won today, 5-0.

but how long will it last?

ltk9492

Registered Member
yeah man they took thornton from the bruins. We were talkin about that in history, some hockey fans in my classes. lol anyways this is big for both sides. Bostons getting 3 good players, San Jose is getting a better player than those 3.