This is why soccer is a joke

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Merc, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

Any sport where you train how to act injured is a fucking riot and a joke. Srsly.

I'm talking to you too, NBA.

2. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

A joke indeed.

[​IMG]
    ----------------

I think the phrase, "sportsmanship" should be retitled to better describe what is expected of athletes' behavior--it's become a misnomer (maybe even an oxymoron, depending upon how one looks at it).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    idisrsly and ysabel like this.
  3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The NBA is definitely on the same level as soccer when it comes to theatrics. Put kickers and punters in football on the list as well.

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Stroke the furry wall... Stroke the furry wall...

[​IMG]

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

While discussing how embarrassing the acting antics are in the football site I visit, they posted this vid to show how it happens in basketball.

YouTube - NBA Flops

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

You suck for showing that :lol:

Foreigners have killed the beautiful game (watching Italy and Paraguay proved that), for the NBA...well, there's nothing exciting about it, so you need theatrics :lol:

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Foreigners? Isn't soccer or football supposed to be basically the official sport of Earth? How are there foreigners involved? :lol:

idisrsly likes this.
  9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Sometimes I wonder if they should impose some sort of penalty for blatant flopping.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

They're supposed to get yellow cards for simulation, but I don't see it happen frequently enough. Still, it's better than the NBA where there is no rule against it.