• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This is why Carter is the best dunker...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know pretty much everyone here think Vince Carter is the best dunker of all time, but there's still a few that don't seem to think so, well I would like for you to watch this clip and tell me if you still don't he's not the best. And tell me who you think is better and show me a highlight film like this, and please tell me which dunk is your favorite in that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zIULG3IbiE

Enjoy

zunami

Registered Member
He's the best in-game NBA dunker of all time. Better than MJ, Dr. J and Nique. Too bad he's a total pu$$y scared of breaking his nails.

Malificus

Likes snow
C

Celtic Fan

Vince is good but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xpcgthwdp0

Lets see Carter do a 720 dunk.

Also, here's more dunks from Air Up There:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/streetball/streetball-news/and1-s-air-up-there---best-of-video-ar35116.html

(Yeah, I know that Taurian Fontenette is just AND 1, but a 720 dunk is still awesome)
meh, if this guy was any damn good, he'd be in college or the NBA playing vs ppl who play defence.
It's fun to watch and all, but gets ZERO credit towards best dunker ever

Vince is a great dunker and all.

but check out this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfwW7wP0i4

Malificus

Likes snow
meh, if this guy was any damn good, he'd be in college or the NBA playing vs ppl who play defence.
It's fun to watch and all, but gets ZERO credit towards best dunker ever

That's kind of an unfair statetment, It's like saying,
"Who can do the best doggystyle swim?"
"This guy."
"He's not a pro swimmer, so he doesn't count."

I realize that And1 players are basically the guys who can't make it into NBA, but his dunks are nice anyway. Even if it's because no one there has a clue how to play defence. :/

zunami

Registered Member
I think Nique was a better dunker than Jordan.

The air up there only has one great dunk while Vince has several:
- the one where he dunked over a 7'2" french man
- elbow in the rim at the 2000 sdc
- 360 windmill at the 2000 sdc
- sick poster on Duncan. commentator: "he just posterized Tim duncan with a little salsa on it"

No doubt that Vince is the best dunker of alltime.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The 720 dunk is pretty good but I saw him attempt other dunks and there not all that impressive, so one dunk doesn't make you an awesome dunker. If he could pull off what Carter does in that video then yes I would consider him a good dunker. But there's no one out there that is better then Vince. Maybe they can do one dunk that is better then Vince, or jump higher then him, but pull everything he does I don't see anyone doing it, especially jumping over the 7"2 dude in a GAME.

zunami

Registered Member
The air up there only has one great dunk
umm he's the only dunker to have jumped from BEHIND the free throw line. As crazy as it may sound, there's no video of anyone else having done it from behind it. Not Vince, MJ or Dr. J, only him. Oh and he put it behind his legs with his foot on the free throw line.

C

Celtic Fan

That's kind of an unfair statetment, It's like saying,
"Who can do the best doggystyle swim?"
"This guy."
"He's not a pro swimmer, so he doesn't count."

I realize that And1 players are basically the guys who can't make it into NBA, but his dunks are nice anyway. Even if it's because no one there has a clue how to play defence. :/
for me to be considered the best you have to be able to dunk in game too.
there is show dunking, like the AND1 guys and the dunk contest and then there's in game dunking going around and through guys.
sure the 720 was in 'game' but they also preach putting on a show, not playing D in those games. Dude can jump like a pogo, maybe he should be in the Olympics for high jump or sumpthin'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 1
Hilander Breaking News 10
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
willge87 Movies & TV 1
dDave Movies & TV 4