This is what you get when you're bored in exams..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidic15, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

On Friday I had exams and I finished tad early, about 20 minutes or so, I didn't have anything to do, and I was really bored and a question popped to my head.

"Do you look both ways when crossing a one way street?"

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I do lol, may sounds stupid, but I like to make sure there is nothing coming the other way. It is also a habit with me for crossing any road.

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

sounds like a healthy thing to do.. cars ignoring a one way street is way too common to take the risk :stare:

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I do indeed.

Like Bjarki said, you get alot of idiots who ignore/don't realise the one way street.

Also it's a habit looking both ways.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I probably wouldn't even acknowledge it was a one-way street, I tend to walk around in a daze :stare: And do things like look when I'm crossing roads automatically so yeah I'm sure I would, better to be safe than sorry and it does no harm :p

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes, out of habit plus you'll never know if a car was going the other way or backing up.

7. Mason

Mason phawq

If its a one way street, then no i wouldn't look both ways. Anyways, I don't just look for cars, i also listen for them.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I check both ways before crossing, I check traffic going both directions. Is it really worth getting hit by a car because you're too lazy to look both ways?

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Yeah i look both ways,i do a lot of work in the city,and in my own previous,rather painful experience people on bikes,specially those making deliveries will not hesitate to go down a one way street the wrong way if it can save them five minutes.
    A mountian or racing bike hitting you full on bloody hurts!.

10. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

I always look both ways before crossing the street. Even more so when I'm walking on campus, no nobody obeys the pedestrian crossing there.