• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This is the quickest and easiest bread recipe ever

hokeshel

Registered Member
Emma Smith's Bread Recipe (1 hour bread)
4 c. water 4 tsp salt
3 yeast cakes 4 tbsp shortening
8 tbsp. sugar 8-9 c. flour
Mix, knead. Place in greased loaf pans. Let stand covered in warm place for 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

I usually use 6 cups reg flour adn 2 cups gluton flour

palefrost

Registered Member
I love making homemade bread. I have a clay dish just for bread. You have to wet it before you put the dough in the bowl and bake it in the oven. It gives the bread a nice crunchy shell.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
Oh, wow! Another quick and easy recipe! Quick and easy is my speed.

I *LOVE* homemade bread. I love the crispy crust and the warm inside. I *LOVE* the way our home smells when I am cooking bread.

I'll have to give this a try!!

katharina

Registered Member
I *LOVE* homemade bread. I love the crispy crust and the warm inside. I *LOVE* the way our home smells when I am cooking bread.
There is absolutely nothing like the smell of homemade bread. It brings
back some really poignant memories for me. I haven't taken the time to
bake any, but I really should try to get over that and just make some. :nod:

hokeshel

Registered Member
I agree homemade bread is the best. Nothing is better than my mom's rolls though. I finally got the recipe. Man, it is a pain but worth it. I will have to share it when i can find where I put it.

kknight0506

Registered Member
easy to make and it seems to be the smallest recipe i have come across till date. so i am going to try it out for sure:lol: