• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

This is Sad! gosh a 4 yr old : (

Nanner

Registered Member
Yeah saw that this morning. I can't imagine taking a 4 yr old on that ride! (not that I've been on it! I don't do that kinda rides) Even though my daughter fits the height requirements for a lot of thrill type rides I'd NEVER take her on them until she was old enough to express an opinion if she wanted to or not! I know quite a few adults who have had problems on this particular ride. A 4 yr old? NO WAY!

Very very sad.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
OH that is SO sad it makes me want to cry!!! ALl I can do is picture my little angel!! I could not survive without either of my children!! God be with that poor mother!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
We were talking about this here at work a little while ago. My girls loved the ride, but they are 8-9 &15. My husband could only go on it once, it made him very sick to his stomach. A 4 year old should never have been allowed on it, it's very intense. Was he really tall enough?
I feel so bad for the parents, I can't imagine surviving that type of grief.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
We were talking about this here at work a little while ago. My girls loved the ride, but they are 8-9 &15. My husband could only go on it once, it made him very sick to his stomach. A 4 year old should never have been allowed on it, it's very intense. Was he really tall enough?
I feel so bad for the parents, I can't imagine surviving that type of grief.

I can't either. I mean its tough loosing a spouse, but your child? The one you carried for nine months and cared for and cuddled and I could not go on........

It took my mother many many years to get over my brothers death, hmm, I say over, but you never get "over" it, you learn to live on.........

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I absolutely cannot imagine the pain a parent must feel from the loss of a child. I just couldn't bare that. It is unnatural that a parent stay on this earth longer than their babies. I'm numbed by this...don't know what to think.

Nanner

Registered Member
OK I'm probably going to start a debate here when I kept my mouth shut on the MJ thingy.......but......don't the parents need to take some responsibility here? OF COURSE they never in their wildest imaginations thought that letting a 4 yr old on the ride would result in his death! Not implying that at all! Just the fact that they did put a 4 yr old on this type of ride?

Disney should not only have a height requirement (and other theme parks too) but maybe add an age to it also. I'm sure if they did they would get a lot of flack from the public (yeah I can see an older or a tall 4 yr old meeting the height. Although JUST? My daughter is 3.5 and she's 40 - 41ish inches....haven't measured her in awhile)

The flack would probably be that if the little kids can't ride then someone would have to wait with them while the others went on......then someone wouldn't get to ride etc etc. Better than death though! You hear things about faster and higher roller coasters and brain injury way too often!

Jen I know what you mean......never lost a child but hubby lost both a brother and a sister. Sister at birth and brother when he was 22. His Mom has only him left. I didn't carry mine for 9 months but she's my baby just the same. Can NOT imagine!!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Nanner said:
OK I'm probably going to start a debate here when I kept my mouth shut on the MJ thingy.......but......don't the parents need to take some responsibility here? OF COURSE they never in their wildest imaginations thought that letting a 4 yr old on the ride would result in his death! Not implying that at all! Just the fact that they did put a 4 yr old on this type of ride?

Disney should not only have a height requirement (and other theme parks too) but maybe add an age to it also. I'm sure if they did they would get a lot of flack from the public (yeah I can see an older or a tall 4 yr old meeting the height. Although JUST? My daughter is 3.5 and she's 40 - 41ish inches....haven't measured her in awhile)

The flack would probably be that if the little kids can't ride then someone would have to wait with them while the others went on......then someone wouldn't get to ride etc etc. Better than death though! You hear things about faster and higher roller coasters and brain injury way too often!

Jen I know what you mean......never lost a child but hubby lost both a brother and a sister. Sister at birth and brother when he was 22. His Mom has only him left. I didn't carry mine for 9 months but she's my baby just the same. Can NOT imagine!!!

So true!!! Nanner ur little one is adopted or hubbies? Sorry, Just curious. My cousin and her husband adopted a little boy and right after found out they were pregnant! LOL

James mom (my mominlaw) she is STILL my mother in law......she lost a girl (older than james) at just a few days old, and then james at 36. She still grieves to this day. She has not children left, but she has her grand babies!

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I think you are right about a parents taking some responsiblity for their babies. And on this particular ride,as well as some others, you can't simply put a height requirement. There are body weights, age and other factors to consider here. Unfortunately, the agency that deals with such things (I don't know which it is) hasn't thought about this. Maybe now they will. With so much money to be made, it's a wonder there are any rules at all. So very, very sad for these parents and all the others who have had to deal with something like this coming out of a day that was supposed to create magical memories.