This is just weird

When I move ANY icon on my desktop to another place on my desktop the icon does move but you can see what looks like another one in the original place as if it made a copy but you can't click on it though.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
dude it's called Windows M.E. a lot of old windows operating systems did that.

My Windows 95 computer did that, along with my windows 98 computer, it's happened to me a few times in XP but I jsut restart and it's all fixed.

It's your operating system, I'm pretty sure that there is no way to fix this, or at least i don't know of a way.

• Open Registry Editor and navigate to the locations below
  • Backup the registry before modifying it. See here.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
  • Double-click Desktop and set it to %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
I was able to navigate to User Shell Folders but I see no Desktop to double click on just a folder named NEW and a file named default that says no values set or something like that

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That IS strange... What operating system are you running? If you open a window in full screen and then minimize it do you still see duplicate icons?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Getting rid of M.E. is still a very good suggestion even after the many times that it has been said.

But according to what you have told me of your computers specs ti can't run anything better, you seriously need to get a new computer and I'm sure taht I'm not the only one here who thinks that.