This is for a friend

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Pugz, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

He's cool with me posting this; just so you all know.

He's in my class at college and he really likes this girl that lives in London (that's like half a day's trip or so from Hudds), she's just a bit younger than him and she's never been with a guy...ever; she's known he likes her for years now and they're friends even though she keeps shooting him down. He's stuck in a rut now and doesn't know what to do, and they're planning on meeting for the first time during the summer but he doesn't think he can be himself with her being so close, if you get what he means.

Any suggestions?

2. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I think this is a very interesting situation. If the problem is a matter of him being himself then he is going to have to desensitize himself. If he feels he will act all goofy around her he is going to have to play out every scenario worst case and figure out what he would do... Another thing is that he could use it to his advantage and tell the girl he is nervous around her and kinda use it as a flirting method. If it is not a problem of being goofy and it is a problem of trying to be someone he is not i.e. super masculine or super sensitive then he should just focus on being straight with her and telling her what he feels and not worry about her reaction. THE KEY THING IS.... If she doesnt like him for him then she isnt worth it...

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

He has never met her before ever? She keeps shooting him down?

How old is she? How old is he?

4. Pugz

I don't think it's a case of been goofy or anything, he seems to think he's gonna be overly shy or overly flirty.

They had a thing a few months back and she said she 'thought' she liked him like that, then a week later shot him down bad; he was a mess and i told him it would pass cause i went through the same thing and he seems a little better, but i don't think he can take it anymore.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So he likes a young virgin who has repeatedly shot him down via the internet/phone (I'm assuming since they've never met) and now they're going to meet . . .

I thought she had no interest in him?

He just needs to be calm and not worry so much, he's placing too much pressure on himself. He needs to accept that she may shoot him down again (If he makes an attempt) and that he needs to treat this like they're just friends (unless there's been other arrangements).

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Yeah it seems apparrent that she isnt interested in him. He needs to move on...He will probably just get hurt again if he gets shot down again.

7. Pugz

It'll be his 19th then and he really wants her to be there, and she's a little more than a virgin, i don't think she's even kissed a guy.

8. Henskie

Well I am starting to agree with Swift she doesnt seem interested especially if she shot him down. But if he can accept being friends then I guess he should just step up and talk to her but if he wants more out of it then he shouldnt bother

9. Pugz

He's says easier said than done but thanks.

10. Henskie

We all like to do what we can hopefully we helped at least a litte