• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX Original This is a must play

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rainbow Six 3 was rated the most played XBOX LIVE game ever, and for good reason. I have to admit I couldn't put it down. It was everything a tactical shooter should be, and more. The levels were very detailed and full of little things that made them stand out from other games.

It remains my favorite first person shooter on XBOX Live to this day. I haven't played in a while, but that's because I'm afraid I'll get back into it too much if I start again. :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I could never get into this game for some reason. I think Ghost Recon is a lot more fun.

ltk9492

Registered Member
holy shnikeys thuis game was awesome. I found that all of the rainbow six games were very detailed and overall the best strategical shooter games out there. Thanks to Clancy for this, and also Splinter Cell. (i didn't like ghost recon that much though)
Sorry buck

Pianobone

Registered Member
I'm not into tactical shooters as much, but R63 is definitely a must play.

Absolute

Registered Member
I could never get into this game for some reason. I think Ghost Recon is a lot more fun.
Agreed. Ghost Recon was a classic, an amazing online experience. Rainbow 6 was a lot different and the combat was closer up. I had a lot of fun with R6 though.. pretty intense battles.

Wrecked

Registered Member
never got into the rainbow six games too much cause they were a little too slow IMO. but i do love the Splinter Cell series.

as for the next Ghost Recon, it looks really good and i plan on purchasing it for the Xbox360 [ when i get one ].

Birdhouse

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Rainbow Six 3 was rated the most played XBOX LIVE game ever, and for good reason. I have to admit I couldn't put it down. It was everything a tactical shooter should be, and more. The levels were very detailed and full of little things that made them stand out from other games.

It remains my favorite first person shooter on XBOX Live to this day. I haven't played in a while, but that's because I'm afraid I'll get back into it too much if I start again. :)
I think battlefield:2 Modern Combat xbox is better

TribeHasSpoken

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that the planning stage that was present in the first two games was removed, but otherwise it's great fun. I love the range of weaponry available, though the enemy AI could stand some improvement (I've heard it was improved in Black Arrow, which I've never played. Can anyone confirm this?)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't played B.A. yet, but I too was disapointed to see the planning stage removed. They made it more "arcade-ish" without that, but I liked the more true tactical feel. Would have been nice if it was made an option, so you could pick "Auto Plan" or "Manual Plan." :)

RagabooMustang

Rainbow Six 3 was definatly a good game, and also a great play on XBOX Live. I dont think it can compete much anymore with games like Battlefield 2 out on XBOX Live, but the single player game is great and the live multiplayer version is pretty good. For the price I've seen it at the game stores its silly not to pick it up.