This bugs me...

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Ok... say you are sitting at a red light. There is no "no turn on red" sign to be seen (it's legal to turn right on red). There is the car in front of you with his blinker on to turn right. There is no oncoming traffic and he could turn, but he's just sitting there with his blinker on.

Do you honk at him to turn, or wait for the light to turn green?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok... say you are sitting at a red light. There is no "no turn on red" sign to be seen (it's legal to turn right on red). There is the car in front of you with his blinker on to turn right. There is no oncoming traffic and he could turn, but he's just sitting there with his blinker on.

Do you honk at him to turn, or wait for the light to turn green?
I would, without a doubt, honk my horn at that person. What you described is one of my many pet peeves with stupid drivers.

I'm annoyed just reading this haha

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I just wait. Idiots are idiots and until they learn for themselves, yelling at them doesn't fix anything, it just makes them angry idiots.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just wait. Idiots are idiots and until they learn for themselves, yelling at them doesn't fix anything, it just makes them angry idiots.
They won't learn anything if you don't tell them they are idiots. They'll just think they are doing the right thing by sitting there for no reason.

So they'll always do it...I'm just trying to help out my fellow man so they dont have to sit through the same crap I just did. :)

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I get stuck behind drivers like that all the time and I wait. I do get upset but then again, they might have different traffic laws from wherever they live.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I rarely honk at anyone, but in cases like that I do. I consider it more of a friendly honk that says "Hey, you can go if you want to." Kind of like how if the light turns green and the person in the front isn't paying attention, there's nothing wrong with honking. I'm sure as hell not gonna sit there forever until they see the green light.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm also in the northeast so honking your horn is the equivalent of pissing on someone's face. It's dangerous to just honk at someone, I'm always waiting to have a gun pulled on me.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I dunno, I sometimes wait because they have cameras mounted to all the stop lights around here. I'm told they'll take a picture of your license plate and ticket you. While I don't know anyone thats had it happen, I don't have the money to pay for tickets.

If it was someone else I'd wait, its not like I'd have to wait all that long. In fact if the car infront of me honks at someone else I usually give the bird to the person honking. Chill out and enjoy the road, I don't care how big of a mover and shaker you think you are, chill out you'll get somewhere eventually.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
It has happened to me that while I'm at the redlight I'll start thinking about something I need to do. So I don't mind a friendly honk from someone. I usually will give a friendly lil honk, not a real honk, just to get them focused again.