• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Third and Final Prime Ministerial Debate

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Is going great.....

....For Nick Clegg.

I couldn't be happier personally. Brown and Cameron are too busy point scoring too notice that he is JUST winning people over left right and center.

Brown is too busy trying to play it fairly bless him.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I've come to love Gordon Brown's Churchill style shaking of the head when he strongly disagrees. Also his smiles are slightly unnerving. I was only sort of half watching this time because people in my lounge kept talking but there didn't seem to be anything new coming to the surface here.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I've come to love Gordon Brown's Churchill style shaking of the head when he strongly disagrees. Also his smiles are slightly unnerving. I was only sort of half watching this time because people in my lounge kept talking but there didn't seem to be anything new coming to the surface here.

Yeah, it was all the same stuff.

I know right GB is like a grand dad. You don't want him running the country but you're quite comfortable hearing how he would! hahah!

Cameron lied so much he put pinnochio to shame.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I thought Clegg was doing well, right up until the immigration issue, I really cant see how that policy will work for them and it may keep voters away form the Lib Dems. Clegg really struggled to sell that issue.

Meanwhile Brown did not have a good evening, consistently bland regurgitating the same feel good numbers he has since he has been in office. I think this might be one big fall from power, I think Labour are going to crash and I doubt they will even get the opposition seats.

Cameron had his best performance so far, however I don't trust a word he says, like you said to busy scoring points.

This is something that disappointed me about tonight's debate in general, to many points and not enough real issues being resolved. The lady who asked about the house prices, they all replied with the same "build more houses" give "councils more powers", I think Cameron mentioned about rent to buy mortgage deals but other than that nothing. I think that was probably the most important issue after the defecit and they were all to busy point scoring to realise that could of been a winner.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I thought Clegg was doing well, right up until the immigration issue, I really cant see how that policy will work for them and it may keep voters away form the Lib Dems. Clegg really struggled to sell that issue.

Meanwhile Brown did not have a good evening, consistently bland regurgitating the same feel good numbers he has since he has been in office. I think this might be one big fall from power, I think Labour are going to crash and I doubt they will even get the opposition seats.

Cameron had his best performance so far, however I don't trust a word he says, like you said to busy scoring points.

This is something that disappointed me about tonight's debate in general, to many points and not enough real issues being resolved. The lady who asked about the house prices, they all replied with the same "build more houses" give "councils more powers", I think Cameron mentioned about rent to buy mortgage deals but other than that nothing. I think that was probably the most important issue after the defecit and they were all to busy point scoring to realise that could of been a winner.
Yes absolutely cameron almost had it then and it was like he trailed off because he couldn't remember haha!

Clegg really didn't do well on imigration and it's a shame because the majority of british voters are most concerned with this issue and it's where he could win.

I don't agree that Cameron had his best performance I think the second one was where he actually cared the most.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I've come to love Gordon Brown's Churchill style shaking of the head when he strongly disagrees. Also his smiles are slightly unnerving.
I find Camerons stare unnerving. After missing out on the first debate with the "look into the camera" , now it is like he is looking down into the depths of your soul, its scary.
------
I don't agree that Cameron had his best performance I think the second one was where he actually cared the most.
I did not feel he threw any punches in the second one, they were all level peggng and a little to similar. Tonight Cameron delivered a couple of big hits; the immigration one on Clegg and two big ones on Brown, the Fred Goodwin one and the well rehearsed you have destroyed the economy speech.

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Cameron reminds me of the stereotypical powerful figure in films who always turns out to be corrupt. Perahps not an ideal basis for a political opinion but something about that guy really doesn't sit well with me. I hate the way he always trys to make a point of how much of an "everyman" he is. "I went out for a run earlier..." BLAH.

I'm suprised there wasn't any obvious digs about Brown's "Biggot" comment :lol: