• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thinking you've got tea left, when actually, you've drank it all.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Does anyone know what causes the thing where you have a cup of tea or whatever. You drink it all, but a while later you think you still have some. You take a look in the mug or whatever, or pick it up even and find it empty - and are subsequently disappointed.
I feel properly gutted when I do this.

Does everyone do this?
What is this? What causes you to forget something like that? Something that seems so simple...
I know, it's a minute thing to care about, but I wondered.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
My issue is quite the opposite; I frequently heat water to make tea, then forget that tea was available in the first place.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
i hate that too. i think I have some pop left and then I grab the bottle, and it's empty :(

Dabs

Registered Member
Does anyone know what causes the thing where you have a cup of tea or whatever. You drink it all, but a while later you think you still have some. You take a look in the mug or whatever, or pick it up even and find it empty - and are subsequently disappointed.
I feel properly gutted when I do this.

Does everyone do this?
What is this? What causes you to forget something like that? Something that seems so simple...
I know, it's a minute thing to care about, but I wondered.

Old age? Dementia? :lol:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
This is just like weed when you go to smoke some shit later and then your all "WHAT THE FUCK!" and see the weed is all gone. Then you be fucking pissed and start tearing shit up. and then FUCK its done.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Title should be, "when actually, you've drunk it all". Not drank it all.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Bliss, do you really say drank and not drunk in the UK? Ah man, I always thought Australian English and UK English were the same. If it's different then I'll be dammed. Now I'll probably get confused with things if I travel there.