Thinking on your feet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paparoch123, Sep 1, 2008.

1. paparoch123

paparoch123 New Member

How do people do that, think on there feet is it some kind of skill cause say in a situation where a person is about to be found out and they hide at the last minute. How do they do that me i was at a girls hous one time and her dad was coming home i tried to run out the back door but was so scared i locked it instead of opening it. How do people do that

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Just like anything, some people are better at it than others. The fact that you struggled with the door was probably just a combination of being nervous and not being familiar with which way you had to turn it. I'm normally pretty good at thinking on my feet when it comes to talking but if I had to hide or something I don't really know how succesful I'd be.

3. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

natural instinct

4. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I think it is mostly instincts. For some people in high stress situations, their instincts just take over and so they don't even need to think, they just react.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I think many times, it is instinct, but there are times when people react in ways that are contrary to what their instincts tell them, and it's the right move.

6. leomay

leomay Registered Member

很多时候会这样拉...
    u afraid her fa?

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I never realy thought about it..I just do it..It's more instinct to me than thought, but then again I was a deviant in my youth.

I guess it all depends on skill, luck, timing, talent, planetary alignment, who knows..Some have it and some don't and others don't even have the common sens to come in out of the rain. So don't feel bad.

Given enough times in any strange situation, you will think faster on your feet too.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think that it's simple reasoning, all you have to do is think to yourself to go this way and this person will go that way, for me it always seems to work out.

Other good tip-offs would be to read signs that are there all the time for the situations that aren't happening at the moment.

9. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

It is instinct, the "zone". In high stress situations, your body goes into fight-or-flight mode. The body is flooded with adrenaline and our primal brains take over.