3ds Thinking of buying DS lite

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Who has one and how do you like it?

It will be mostly for my 5yo (who turns 6 in a month) son. But I might borrow it too. :lol:

RATTIE

Registered Member
I've got one and I think it's great. :cool:
I go through phases with it where I play on it all the time then ignore it for a while.
It has been neglected since I sarted coming here though. :-/

I like the brain training games and the sims.
There are a few games I'd also like to get when I have the money.

I like that it doesn't take batteries too. :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I've got one and I think it's great. :cool:
I go through phases with it where I play on it all the time then ignore it for a while.
It has been neglected since I sarted coming here though. :-/

I like the brain training games and the sims.
There are a few games I'd also like to get when I have the money.

I like that it doesn't take batteries too. :)

Oh yes, battery life! We always had to change with my son's older handheld game console.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I have 3 of them, one for each family member and we all love them. They are far better than the PSP. We have close to 35 or almost 40 games for them. We take ours everywhere with us.

If you do get one you also want to get the Nerf protective case. It will save your system from drop damage.

If you have the original DS it's great for playing Guitar hero on. Easier to hold when playing due to the uneven opening, doesn't kill your wrist and doesn't pull away from the fret keyboard as easily as the DS lite.

All in all it's one of the best hand held systems out on the market.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have 3 of them, one for each family member and we all love them. They are far better than the PSP. We have close to 35 or almost 40 games for them. We take ours everywhere with us.

If you do get one you also want to get the Nerf protective case. It will save your system from drop damage.

If you have the original DS it's great for playing Guitar hero on. Easier to hold when playing due to the uneven opening, doesn't kill your wrist and doesn't pull away from the fret keyboard as easily as the DS lite.

All in all it's one of the best hand held systems out on the market.
I'm checking if they sell the original one. They just seem to sell the ds lite version. Is it true you can play against each other with your DS (like for your family, do you play together)?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Yes some of the games you can link up and some games you can play against others via the wifi over the net. I like to play against others on the net, it is more challenging than playing someone next to you.

You have to look on eBay and in used game shops to find the original one.

When purchasing games to share make sure it says single card play because some of them you have to have the same cartridge (Multi card) as the person you are playing against.

PentaCube

Registered Member
you don't have to be on the internet to play against another local DS. Also you might want to go for the DS lite over the original, the screen is much brighter and crisper and it's thinner and fits in your pocket a lot better. Try and find one of each type (check a local gamestop most likely).

The DS is also a great homebrew handheld, buying a 30 dollar R4 card of some type can turn it into a PDA type device, media player, and if you feel like bending the law a bit you can download roms for any game you would like to play (which also helps when you don't want to spend money for a game your not sure you will like).

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
The DS lite is a better system, but if you like to play Guitar here then the original DS is the best for that.

There is going to be a new DS lite that has a bigger screens and takes a memory card in place of the GBA player and you can Down load games from Nintendo legally. It will also feature 2 built in cameras and a photo shop kind of program so you can send funny pics to friends. Not sure when it will hit the US or France, that one is only out in Japan.

Most New DS lites will run you around 150 or so but you might be able to catch a sale at your local store. Game shops are a good place to start, but be careful of buying a used DS Lite. I have heard horror stories on used systems. It's kind of better to bite the bullet and get a new system with all the paper work.

The DS Lite comes in all kinds of different colors and some come with games in a bundle pack. I would look around and find the better deal before you purchase one.

PentaCube

Registered Member
It's worth noting the cameras are complete rubbish. But the bigger screens might be worth it alone, though you would be giving up homebrew.