things you think there'll be in the future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liljeff420, Jun 8, 2009.

1. liljeff420

liljeff420 New Member

one thing i though of is when everyone has home security systems, when someone breaks into your house, not only will it alert the police but it will alert all the home security systems in your neighborhood so all the people can form an angry mob and catch the burglar. now its your turn. if you didn't think of your thing yourself then give credit to wherever you got it from.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This is party happening already but I'm thinking of some system that is fully installed and massively used. A GPS system to track every member of your family and friends. Your friends can try to unsubscribe or be invisible (like in instant messengers). Oh and a GPS system to find your lost keys.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I used to think bar codes on our skin, but since the chip implant I suppose that will eliminate the tattoo.

- Robot maids / sex robots / non-moving humans - Aye, robots that do everything for humans. A day where all we do is play, play, play. Live in video games, live at the theme park, live in the city that will one day float above the sky. Robots will do everything for us. Ahh... just as long as we don't give it A.I. we should be ok. =P

- To hit on your police idea - Police "camps" or mobile police forces that assembly in bad neighborhoods. An instant set up where police patrol day and night to keep the bad little boys and girls under control. It'll cost money, though I do believe in the future there will be lots and lots and LOTS of security forces about.

4. gusto

gusto Registered Member

I think that we are going to see electric cars on the road in the very near future. It won't really have much og an effect on global pollution unless they can greatly reduce the greenhouse gases coming out of the coal fired electric plants.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There is an iPhone app that lets your friends see where you are on GPS. I'm not sure why an app like that would be so popular but hey I guess some people's eyes are still too glazed over with the idea to take a step back and realize the potential for stalking.. :lol:

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes, I heard about that. That's for cars, right? That insipired the idea of being able to track your entire entourage (even if they're not necessarily in their cars).

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it's for cars also but the iPhone app just tracks where your friend's iPhone is and shows that as the location of the friend. It's an iPhone application you can get.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'm sure in the far future we will have space fairing colonies and travel. Call me Star Trek minded but I could see things like holodecks, food replicators, holographic AI's etc...

Look at the stuff they had in the 1960's episodes of Star Trek. The communicators looked a lot like cell phones do now days.

9. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

I see a day when everything you do and everything you say is registered into a massive database and if you step out of line they will no immediaetly. Chips installed in your arms that have all your personal information, money, basically your whole life and if for any reason the Government feels they can simply turn off your chip.

Just an extra step to the governments taking liberties away.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Something I'm not so sure about but it would be really cool would be hover cars.

Another thing that I think will exist in the future is bionic limbs maybe even bionic limbs that can send fake feeling to the brain.

Also I think that cures for a lot of diseases will exist (hopefully not I am Legend style :lol:)

And of course how could I ever forget this list of things.

Teleporters
    Powered shoe laces
    self drying clothes
    internal headphones. (inside your head so you can't see them they receive a wireless signal)