Things to Look Forward to?

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I often find myself sitting here just wondering why I am here. Where did I come from? But that is not what this thread is about. No one can answer those questions so I want to know what you look forward to in life for you to keep truckin'? It seems I have a bunch to look forward to like a career and a family, but it just all presents itself to me as pointless and if things were to come into play like that I don't see myself caring due to it's utter sense of pointlessness.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I often find myself sitting here just wondering why I am here. Where did I come from? But that is not what this thread is about. No one can answer those questions so I want to know what you look forward to in life for you to keep truckin'? It seems I have a bunch to look forward to like a career and a family, but it just all presents itself to me as pointless and if things were to come into play like that I don't see myself caring due to it's utter sense of pointlessness.
I'm looking forward to my own place, finishing a novel, making good money, traveling the world, and perhaps someday having a family.

Monroe

Registered Member
Wow...now that you mention it, things do seem pretty pointless.

I guess I look forward to the same things everyone else does. Family, traveling, experiencing new things.

I want to accomplish a few things in life before I die. Write a book...possibly get married...have a kid...I don't think peoples life goals vary all too much, if you get what im saying.

That's pretty interesting, since that's one of my main concerns in life that I think about.. conventional life goals scare me. I could have typed exactly what you just wrote, as I feel the same way.

I think the thing I most look forward to is learning more about myself and the world around me.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Well I think that traveling would be something to look forward to. But you would have to return home sooner or later. So yes, you would have that experience but just like every second that passes, it would then be behind you. The world is so big, I will never be able to see everything that intrigues me.

A family sounds nice, but it scares me! I have been with the same girl since my Sophomore year in high school, (she was in 8th) but still kids are a very scary concept. I kind of want to adopt one first so that I can get a feel for the sport, but I don't think any adoption agency would want me and my girlfriend/fiance (whatever you want to call us) adopting a kid due to stereotypes. But I don't know how the process works so I don't know. (Stereotypes being: Piercings and tattoos. We are getting ready to open our own hair/tattoo/piercing shop. We like to be ourselves physically and mentally, regardless of what others think.) I really don't want to go through the process of having one from birth just yet.

I look forward to money, but then the thought comes into play; what am I going to do with it? I am going to spend it then be broke again to have to work for it again and spend it again. Sure I will have nice things when I have money, but what are nice things when you feel so stupid using them because in your head pretty much anything you do is pointless.

There's so much to look forward to, I guess. But I shoot myself down on every though that I have because I feel like it's just a waste of time. But a child, I think that would redefine me, as scary as it is. If I had a child to look after, I wouldn't always worry about how pointless my life is, I would be looking after it and making sure that it had a good life where it never went without anything it needed or wanted, etc. I'm not sure though. Only time will tell!

browneyes106

Registered Member
I like forward to having new experiences with friends and family and advancing in my career and someday getting a book published and finishing a screenplay I'm writing.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
The things I am looking forward to in future (not right now) is travelling to a wide range of countries and experiencing all different ways of life and food and culture. Learning about the world in general and not just myself. Finishing my education and then using that to get a good job. Getting my own house and having children.
But I do see your point of "it just seems all pointless" - I have also thought about this as well many times before.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I look forward to experiencing. It's the process itself which is important than the end; the journeying and not the destination.